Harder and Steenbeck Evolution air feed issues.

L

Leveneo

I've had my Harder and Steenbeck Evolution for about a year now, and have been using it on and off. Until recently, I've noticed that the air pressure coming out of the feed isn't right for what is coming out of the air compressor. I know this because I've ran air through my airbrush without the nozzle on and the air coming out correlates with the psi on the compressor gauge. I'm really not sure on what to do. Could any one offer any expertise, and I'm a bit of a noob when it comes down to airbrushes. :smiling3:

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
Have you given the nozzle a really good clean?

Pete

L

Leveneo

Have you given the nozzle a really good clean?

Pete
I've left it in thinner overnight and cleaned it out, the hole looks clear with no debris inside, I'll try it again tonight thanks.

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
If there's more air coming out when you take the nozzle off, then either the nozzle is partly blocked or the needle isn't moving back far enough. Check that the nut at the back that clamps the needle is tight and that the needle is moving when you pull the trigger back. I can't think of anything else it could be.

Pete

L

Leveneo

If there's more air coming out when you take the nozzle off, then either the nozzle is partly blocked or the needle isn't moving back far enough. Check that the nut at the back that clamps the needle is tight and that the needle is moving when you pull the trigger back. I can't think of anything else it could be.

Pete
Thanks for your help Pete, if what you recommended fails then I will probabaly order a new nozzle and see of that works, I think the most probable issue is to do with the nozzle.

rickoshea52

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Before you go buying parts have you tried writing to H&S or visiting their website for advice?

L

Leveneo

Before you go buying parts have you tried writing to H&S or visiting their website for advice?
No, the only advice I've looked into is just a quick search online, I'll make sure to try that cheers.