Harley WLA Lend-Lease with mortar

First Name
Peter
Hi!

I've finnished this model some time ago and realized I didn't share it with you.

Soviet army recieved over 20 000 WLAs and almost half of the number was then equipped with Ural sidecar (equivalent of BMW R12 sidecar). One of the most interesting versions is the one with mortar:

Source Internet

Initially the build build was similar to this one so I think there's no point showing the first steps again. Anyway, here is how the build proceeded:

Painting:

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
hi peter, simply stunning work , just like your last one! The fact that its all scratch built is just mind blowing! cheers tony

M

m1ks

As ever, your tiny scratch builds are nothing short of astounding.

I would love to have the patience and ability to build to this level of detail, incredible stuff and thanks for sharing.

First Name
Peter
Hi yak face!

Thanks for your comment. I enjoy you like my little ride. As a matter of fact making motorcycle in 1/72 doesn't have to be difficult. Everyone know that practice makes perfect, but in fact scratchbuilding motorcycle in 1/9 with every single bolt and rivet is more difficult... Anyway I'm planning to release (probably on ebay) my own resin kit. I only have to work a bit on some details (so it's more user friendly) and find someone who would make the PE parts and decals for me...

Coming back to WLA, here is the gallery:

Last edited by a moderator:
First Name
Peter
Hi m1ks!

The first step is always the most difficult. You'd have to try to tell if you can do it. My first Zunndapp was rubbish comparing to the second one. And I'm sure my future little projects will be even better than this:

Last edited by a moderator:
B

Bunkerbarge

Absolutely stunning as ever. Your bikes are simply an inspiration to us all and make me at least realise just how much I can improve my own modelling.

I really enjoy looking at your models, they really are beautiful.

First Name
Peter
Cheers Andy!

Thank you Richard for your warm words. I really appreciate comments comming from expert modelers like you. I think that's the idea of meeting here - to motivate and gain motivation looking at other's projects. Besides it gives me a chance to show that even small is possible to do (and that we are not sentenced to dodgy kits :smile:smiling3:

Regards Peter

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Unbelievable skills Peter! Absolutely brilliant stuff - your models truly are little works of art.

Great stuff

Paul

First Name
Peter
Cheers Paul. Maybe it's not a work of art yet, but I'm doing my best so these little bikes can compete with 1:35 ones.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
yet another exceptional little motorcycle from THE master!

Have you ever thought about going up in scale. As you said 1/9 and the detail starts to get to much to handle, but what about 1/35 or even 1/48, which is becomming more and more popular. I would imagine the detail you could cover in those scales would be pretty darn good.

First Name
Peter
Hi Ian,

When I made my first motorcycle in 1/72 thought it would be great to have a complete collection of II WW motorcycles in this scale. Maybe when I reach this target I would go up in scale. But for now I don't have much space to store finnished models... Yet another advantage is that I can go to competition with models in my pockets :smile: