Harma The Dogshead and her Bannerman

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Both of them look fantastic Paul. I especially like the face on the banner man and the clothing on both. I find green awkward sometimes, and you’ve nailed it here!

PaulinKendal

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Thanks guys. The Bannerman's face was very straightforward - pale flesh, then Vallejo Ink flesh wash, then a few highlights and that was it! Really good sculpt to work on. Harma, however...

First go with Vallejo Metal Color (sic). Really impressed with it. I used it on her axe and his helmet in the same way - a coat of steel, then a black wash (then varnished), then more steel and finally silver. Definitely the best, most realistic metal finish I've achieved so far.

Last edited:

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
No complaints from me!!!

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Thanks guys. The Bannerman's face was very straightforward - pale flesh, then Vallejo Ink flesh wash, then a few highlights and that was it! Really good sculpt to work on. Harma, however...

First go with Vallejo Metal Color (sic). Really impressed with it. I used it on her axe and his helmet in the same way - a coat of steel, then a black wash (then varnished), then more steel and finally silver. Definitely the best, most realistic metal finish I've achieved so far.

Thanks for that Paul. Do you use the Game colour ink or the Game colour wash? I have both but have found the ink a little powerful. It gives a great leather finish over Zenitel priming though.
See what you mean about the Harma sculpt. A few too many dragon burgers methinks…..
Love the metal Color paints. They work just like normal acrylic paint. It’s a pity they don’t make a couple more gold/brass shades though….I still have to use my Darkstar metallics for those.

PaulinKendal

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
It's Game Ink Skin Wash. Agreed, too powerful! I dilute it according to need.

For golden colours I'll be using Game Air.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
It ain't over till the "Fat" lady sings..........Harma is looking good......love the axe head result and Tim is right on with the Game Color Flesh Wash. It even works on 1-87 scale figs. PCO Paul, following along on this. Rick H.