Hasagewa 1/48 SH--3H Sea King converted Royal Navy HC4

• Thread starter Deleted member 5496
  • Start date

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Good heavens, you've got a few extras there !

D

Deleted member 5496

Good heavens, you've got a few extras there !
Yes you are right Colin. Built one before some years ago. The build I believe is still on this Forum.

It is a very old kit & only available second hand except for a very expensive revamp for a post Faklands kit by Hasagawa.

Very nice kit but devoid of a lot of detail which is sad as it is a nice looking aircraft. Plus the extras are a lot to do with the HC4 RN conversion.

Fascinating the way Westland take USA craft especially Sikorsky helicopters & turn them into different machines.

Laurie

Richard48

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Really great start.Love Seakings.Used to have 3 48th kits but sold them on as i havent room to display them.Think i have a couple of 72 ones snd Whirlybird stuff and decals to go with them.Thats if i ever do them.Watching with interest.
Richard.

D

Deleted member 5496

Just seen this one Laurie, and a cracking start. love the extras.
Thanks Ian for looking in much appreciated.
Really great start.Love Seakings.Used to have 3 48th kits but sold them on as i havent room to display them.Think i have a couple of 72 ones snd Whirlybird stuff and decals to go with them.Thats if i ever do them.Watching with interest.
Richard.
Thanks Richard. Interesting to read. Difficult to get. Had one on order from Japan 2nd hand did not arrive snaffled by some one. The one I am building is 2nd hand.
Great work Laurie. Following with interest .
Thanks Steve for you interest very much appreciated.
This looks great! Going to keep an eye on this, if you don’t mind.
You are more than welcome Chris thanks for looking in.

Thanks people very nice of you all.

Laurie

SteveH

SMF Supporter
First Name
Stephen
Morning Laurie

I have to admit to never having build at coptor, ever, so I had a look see out of curiosity, as I have done with many different flavours of modelling on the forum.

What a treat Laurie, loads of PE and such a lovely style of presentation, magazine style, have you worked in publishing?

And there are 14 other Falklands builds too?

I shall catch up with those too, later today.

Super work all round Laurie

Regards

Steve H

D

Deleted member 5496

Morning Laurie

I have to admit to never having build at coptor, ever, so I had a look see out of curiosity, as I have done with many different flavours of modelling on the forum.

What a treat Laurie, loads of PE and such a lovely style of presentation, magazine style, have you worked in publishing?

And there are 14 other Falklands builds too?

I shall catch up with those too, later today.

Super work all round Laurie

Regards

Steve H

Thanks Steve. Just love helicopters built light weight armour & aircraft but to me helicopters are more interesting so much going on.
So much detail you can add on. So many doors ramps etc & those rotors.

Now about two thirds through the diorama.

A little preview. The barn was a great joy to design & build. No not in publishing Steve in architecture where there was a presentation
need & a need for artistic work which I just love.

XIHON6.jpgj8VriC.jpg

Richard48

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Really cracking job Laurie.The additions in the cockpit and door area and painting look excellent.Very impressive.
Richard

D

Deleted member 5496

Really cracking job Laurie.The additions in the cockpit and door area and painting look excellent.Very impressive.
Richard

Thanks Richard very kind thanks for looking in much appreciated.

Laurie