Hasagewa 1/48 SH--3H Sea King converted Royal Navy HC4

• Thread starter Deleted member 5496
  • Start date

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
I've gone for a lie down, all to much for me Laurie.:flushed::surprised::nerd:.
Stunning is just not good enought !

First Name
Gary
The quality of the PE and brass parts is clearly very high quality. That impresses me as much as your work Laurie. Buy quality, buy once, as the saying goes

D

Deleted member 5496

I've gone for a lie down, all to much for me Laurie.:flushed::surprised::nerd:.
Stunning is just not good enought !

Oh John I am worried about you. Have a rest a glass or two of wine. :smiling6:

Thanks that is very nice of you.

Laurie

D

Deleted member 5496

The quality of the PE and brass parts is clearly very high quality. That impresses me as much as your work Laurie. Buy quality, buy once, as the saying goes

Yes it is top notch Gary. Thanks for the comments.

Laurie

D

Deleted member 5496

Thanks Steve very much appreciated.

Laurie

Just realised Steve Hawker Hunter.

Do you have any connection.

During WW11 being close to Hawkers, which was just out side Kingston upon Thames, this clown Hitler kept sending these bombers over.
Fortunately his aim was poor & he missed me. KLG spark plugs were close Davis underwater submarine gear & Marconi. He missed the
lot but blew out 50% 0f our windows which were filled with lino for the duration.

After the war I became a cricket lunatic playing every hour available. Hawkers had a week of cricket at their very fine ground where Surrey
played a match every year. Guess who was there every day.

Hard times but every moment enjoyable.

Laurie

HAWKERHUNTER

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Just realised Steve Hawker Hunter.

Do you have any connection.

During WW11 being close to Hawkers, which was just out side Kingston upon Thames, this clown Hitler kept sending these bombers over.
Fortunately his aim was poor & he missed me. KLG spark plugs were close Davis underwater submarine gear & Marconi. He missed the
lot but blew out 50% 0f our windows which were filled with lino for the duration.

After the war I became a cricket lunatic playing every hour available. Hawkers had a week of cricket at their very fine ground where Surrey
played a match every year. Guess who was there every day.

Hard times but every moment enjoyable.

Laurie
No connection Laurie. I adopted the name when I joined this and other on line forums. Its just one of three aircraft close to my heart as a result of my Dads service in the RAF. We were stationed at RAF Chivenor in the 60's where the Hunters were based. The other two aircraft which I hold dear are EE Lightning and the Phantoms of 43 Squadron, both aircraft that my dad worked on. Many happy memories of evading the military police while I hid at the side of runways watching them take off and land.

D

Deleted member 5496

No connection Laurie. I adopted the name when I joined this and other on line forums. Its just one of three aircraft close to my heart as a result of my Dads service in the RAF. We were stationed at RAF Chivenor in the 60's where the Hunters were based. The other two aircraft which I hold dear are EE Lightning and the Phantoms of 43 Squadron, both aircraft that my dad worked on. Many happy memories of evading the military police while I hid at the side of runways watching them take off and land.
That is nice I like these stories. I hope you have reformed.

My experiences a bit earlier during WW11.
In the playground when let loose all the boys ran around arms out making Rolls Royce
noises pretending to be Spitfires

Best to see a Tempest chasing a V1 doodlebug across the sky. You do not see that
often :tongue-out:

Laurie

D

Deleted member 5496

Got a bit more. On a mission a crooked little finger to under go the hammer
by surgeon in April. Disaster area ou of action for 3 weeks.

Laurie

SjSU6e.jpg Fgkw6o.jpg fLBz8J.jpg 99PABR.jpg

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
Hope your operation goes well Laurie.
Pete

Richard48

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Thought id drop by and see how Seaking Lauries getting on.Rather well it looks.Cant wait to see the next instalment.Really enjoying your build immensely.
Great stuff.
Rich.

D

Deleted member 5496

Thought id drop by and see how Seaking Lauries getting on.Rather well it looks.Cant wait to see the next instalment.Really enjoying your build immensely.
Great stuff.
Rich.

Thanks Richard very nice of you much appreciated.

At the moment a slight lull trying to get some primer on.

Laurie