Hasegawa F-104J Starfighter

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
I spotted that too, and it’s clearly because they’re externally hosted: https://i.postimg.cc/C1DP6S63/F-104-Starfighter-JASDF-10.jpg etc. I’m sure this will please John by not eating into his disk space and bandwidth, but it does mean you can’t be sure photos will remain accessible.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Yes Miko i cant see any but 2 pics on page one an if you have these pics on a image hostin site an they delte them then the pics will dissappear from your blog but i use imgbb a very good an free image hostin site as i have a lot of pics on there

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
I wonder why i can see them okay, but not you??
Could be because your browser has them cached, and so doesn’t actually re-download them — it just goes, “That image? I already have that, here you go.”

To avoid all of this, just use the Attach files button under the field in which you type your messages. This will let you select pictures you want to add into your message, and upload them to the forum itself.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
i loved the starfighter a real mans plane like the e e lightning as it was really a rockect with stubby wings i watched some german marine starfighters landin at raf coltishall back in the 70 's in green an grey camo but bright orange day glow wingtanks an one when landing i see a lot of smoke comein from his wheels as he was brakein really hard because the parachute had not deployed an he stopped just before the crash barrier as it was up an the pilot climbed out an walked round to the planes back end an kicked the hatch an the chute just dropped onto the concrete an boy was he angry as i was watchin him through binnoks an then the customs truck came up to see him an he reached up an got out of the cockpit a black bollower hat an a black umbrella an we was laughin as it looked so funny

Last edited:

Miko

SMF Supporter
First Name
Miko
White wings the nose cone and canopy masked, best get some aluminium paint on the fuselage and tail!

F-104 Starfighter JASDF (13).jpg

Masking for me was always a chore, so much so I'd take a fine paint brush and with a steady hand negate the need for masking! It's a bit more tricky now I have an airbrush and a not so steady hand! So with practice I've become quite good at masking, that means I really enjoy it now!

Miko (time to power up the compressor!)

SteveT

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
I won’t say I really enjoy masking, but I don’t think it’s a chore, either. It’s one of those jobs that, when it’s done, you can feel satisfied about — and hopefully again when you remove the masking after painting :smiling3:
Masking was #1 on my hate list until the last couple of days ...I'll take masking over damn stencils now. :D

Miko

SMF Supporter
First Name
Miko
That went rather well, take a bow Mr Hobby! there are another three metal colours to go on around where the engine is and the landing gear etc

F-104-Starfighter-JASDF-26.jpg

F-104-Starfighter-JASDF-28.jpg

Now, where's that masking tape!

Miko (four more metal colours if I include the shiny metal pitot)

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI Miko well done on sprayin that silver as when done this will be a cracker of a model but TBH i love the starfighter done up in USAF markin but JSDF will still look very good
chrisb

HAWKERHUNTER

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Great job Miko. Silver is one of the more difficult colours to work with IMO. Great work around the tail section. I take it this is 1/72