Hasegawa Hurricane IId

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Well A while ago I built the Italeri Hurricane and loved it. Others here have not had the same opinion. having heard loads of good feedback on the Hasegawa version, I got hold of one.

Well I was glad I got it cheap, I was not that impressed. The detail is OK but I thing the Italeri one was better, both detail and fit!

Any way I didn't do a build log as it was just a quicky while waiting for the postman to come with the resin for the Vixen.

post shaded with blue and deep red! Xtracrylix "night" over the top.

So now I have built an Italeri, an Airfix and a hasegawa And there is also my order of preference. My choice, yours may well be different.

Picture time.

View attachment 51544 View attachment 51545 View attachment 51546 View attachment 51547 View attachment 51548 View attachment 51549 View attachment 51550 View attachment 51551

I also learned that black aircraft are a bugger to take photos of!!

Comments welcome.

Ian M

View attachment 54129

View attachment 54130

View attachment 54131

View attachment 54132

View attachment 54133

View attachment 54134

View attachment 54135

View attachment 54136

IMAG0653.jpg

IMAG0654.jpg

IMAG0655.jpg

IMAG0656.jpg

IMAG0657.jpg

IMAG0658.jpg

IMAG0660.jpg

IMAG0661.jpg

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Hi Ian it may be a poor third on your list but its still a stunning build a job well done Ian and worthy of 5 stars from me

First Name
Chris
That's a cracking wee night fighter there Ian, good work. I have a Hasegawa MK.I in my stash which a paid quite a lot for and hope its a good fit etc. despite your issues you've done a legend proud.

Regards

Chris

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
Yes, five stars for sure Ian. Very nice build that mate.

Have fun, John

First Name
Dave
Very nice Hurricane Ian.Im building the Airfix one at the moment.Interesting that you think it's better than the Hasegawa kit.Do Hasegawa give you the option of building the mk2d version with the 40mm anti tank cannons?.I ask because I want one for my collection.I remember building a Monogram one many years ago but haven't seen one in a long time.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
\ said:
Very nice Hurricane Ian.Im building the Airfix one at the moment.Interesting that you think it's better than the Hasegawa kit.Do Hasegawa give you the option of building the mk2d version with the 40mm anti tank cannons?.I ask because I want one for my collection.I remember building a Monogram one many years ago but haven't seen one in a long time.
Iknow that Hasegawa do or did the tank busters version but I think its a e-bay job these days.

Having thought about it, my one might be a C and not a D....

The main issue was that the top parts of the wing are almost 1mm wider on the trailing edge than the bottom part and a nasty gap at tba belly of the wing and the fuselage.

Thanks for the stars and feed back.

Ian m

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Nice one Ian. I think "black" is a bugger to do in all respects!Yours looks good and it's particularly tricky on a relatively small subject.

Cheers

Steve

T

tecdes

Very Nice Ian.

Matter of interest why did they paint all black ?

Best I have found with black when filming is a background which does not contrast then the camera does not find itself in such controversial conditions ie for instance mid gray paper back ground. Found with my shelves covered with green grass & grey runway this releives the brightness contrast problem of a white background.

Bet you need to restock on black now.

Laurie

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Lovely looking hurri Ian , interesting to hear you rate the airfix one above this , especially with the price some of these Hasegawa kits are. I agree with you on the black being a bugger to capture in pics, Lauries contrasting background idea sounds great to me , i'll have to remember that one if i do another black jobbie, cheers tony

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Thanks Steve and Laurie.

Although it cans be seen in the photos, the pre-shade does show when the light hits it right. I might have another go with the "big camera" later on, those where just snaps with the smart phone.

I have no idea why it was painted all black Laurie. I did find a scheme that was rather nice which I might do on an other (Italeri) one.

It was a Maltese based nightfighter. Night under sides and Desert camo on top. It looks rather good.

Ian M

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Great job on the Hurricane Ian. What scale was this kit?

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Nice job Ian. The Hurri' looks quite different in its all black scheme.