Hasegawa/minicraft Curtiss Mk. 1a Kitty hawk 1/72

W

wbk666

Got this then other week off ebay and was at a loose end tonight waiting for paint/decals/varnish to dry on my other kits sp thought i'll make a start on it.

in this end opening box are three sprues of light brown styrene and one clear sprue with the canopy (closed only)

The instructions are on one side of a sheet of paper

Decal options are for US or GB

On checking the parts i found that this bird had a broken leg so will be make with gear up and in flight

The cockpit is basically a floor, seat and control stick (which i forgot to photograph. this then fits into the fuselage from underneath once that is put together

this showed up a problem, a gap between the seat and headrest though i've a feeling one the canopy is on you wont be able to see it

when the wings where fitted their was a slight gap on either side and the roots so i strapped it up with tape whilst the glue dries.

Last job of the day was to paint the pilot, Once painted i gave him a bit a "wash" to try to bring out some detail

thats all for today.

W

wbk666

thanks

tried to show what there is of the cockpit here

and the birds all primed and drying. this kit just fell together with hardly and problems at all.

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
What a 70's shade of plastic that is ! Reminds me of some of the Matchbox kits.

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Love a good P-40. Great progress Wayne, look forward to the result.

mossiepilot

A learner learning
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tony
Coming together nicely Wayne.

Tony.

W

wbk666

over the past couple of days i've sprayed the underside with Vallejo Air UK Azure

and laid down a coating of Humbrols middlestone on the upper surface