Having the right tools for the job - sanding sponges.

T

TonyBv9

I know many modellers take pride and satisfaction in finding and using cheaper, everyday alternatives to actual modelling products.

When it comes to sanding, I've got by with a mixture of files and nail care stuff from Boots or Superdrug etc. To be honest, I always dreaded any major filling and sanding tasks, because I could never get a decent finish.

Then I bought a set of Ultimate Modelling Products sanding sponges from John:

http://www.scalemodelshop.co.uk/sanding-multi-pack-ultimate.html

Blimey, what a difference. It's just so much easier, and the finish is so much better. I'll be using them from now on. I know it's £5, but it means my average modelling skills are given a boost.

D

demon

I make my own from high quality wet and dry paper I did buy some proper ones but they are so expensive for what they are

Roger

F

Fenlander

I don't think you can beat a good quality sanding sponge. Never tried the Ultimate ones Tony, must get some. Thanks for the head up. Although it looks like you got the last one ;)

BarryW

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
I have to agree, I use the Ultimate ones as well but the Flory sanding sponges and sticks are just as good.

D

Deleted member 4539

I use Microscale sanding sheets(courtesy of the RAF),A relative got them for me.

the best thing is they were free,and I have many years supply:smiling3:

PS,they were not stolen.