Hawk Sandpiper

P

PWick

Box top.........................the chrome wheel discs weren't supplied in the kit.
1.JPG
I bought this on ebay UK about 6 or so months ago. The date of the kit is 1969 so the decals (although I coated them in two layers of gloss clear) would not release from the paper backing except the footprints that I've put on the roof!
I have found another sheet of decals called 'Flower Power', so used those.
55.JPG
53.JPG58.JPG
65.JPG
67.JPG

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Patrick
I love it - real fun modelling. Having said that I recognise the skill and patience that must have gone into this to get such a great result.
Jim

P

PWick

Thanks Jim. Yes it was dodgy as the instructions were of dark black & white pictures, with little correct locations marked, as with the front windscreen, no contact points at all.

First Name
Steve
Patrick i just love your builds, another great job well done.

Steve.

P

PWick

Thanks guys, yes an old kit and with minimal instructions, I kept having to Google for pictures of built ones to guess what to do, but it worked out OK in the end!

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Hi Patrick, I thought the Sand Piper was a plane. Still this looks awesome...fancy having one to go to the beach. Nicely done.

Cheers,
Richard

P

PWick

Thanks Richard, yes it would be great to take one to the beach but the tyres would let it down as they would have no grip!

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
That's a real surfer dude's passion wagon Pat. Great stuff:thumb2:

P

PWick

Cheers Steve. Yes in Buckingham I'm in the middle of England. Oh to live near the Sea!