Heat staining experiment opinions please

D

dubster72

I think that looks excellent now Tony! The temptation for doing the heavily used route must have been strong - probably that would have been easier. So top marks for going with a lighter appearance. :smiling3:

Sequins, makeup, hairspray.... your Saturday nights must be cracking! :P

First Name
Dave
That looks really impressive. Ive often wondered how modellers get that effect. I thought it could only be achieved with an air brush. I must give it a go myself. And no tranny jokes from me!.

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
I have a project for an aircraft that had exhaust flame dampers fitted. These were painted black when fitted, but you can imagine how long that lasted once exposed to hot exhaust gases. There is a tendency for people to paint these a thoroughly unconvincing rusty colour, but this technique might well give a more realistic result. I'm definitely going to try it.

Cheers

Steve

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Anyone whos thinking about giving this a go , i would get the 'baked' style of eye shadow , this is a drier type similar to pigment powder . There is another type that is mixed with cream or something and that is quite greasy and doesnt stick well at all so the baked ones are the ones to go for. I also found that they stick better on a matt surface , i just used cotton buds to apply and a quick blend with the mark 1 finger end. If it all goes t*ts up you can remove it with a baby wipe and start again. As with all new techniques though have a practice first before you go and ruin that £200 model and blame me !!

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
\ said:
As with all new techniques though have a practice first before you go and ruin that £200 model and blame me !!
I might get SWMBO to apply it, she's had plenty of practice, though not with those colours :smiling3:

Cheers

Steve

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Hey Tony! If your lorry driving doesn't work out as well as planned, you could always get an indoor job with no heavy lifting - as a make-up artist! :D :D:D

That's some seriously good visualisation with a spot-on result!

john i am

SMF Supporter
First Name
john
Great idea tony and your efforts look very convincing.

I've been to boots and applied mine. All ready fit the pub tonight :smiling3:

image.jpg

F

Fenlander

Jesus, nearly crapped myself when that popped up....:eek:

However, now I have had time to really look at it, mmmmmmm, which pub? ;)

First Name
Gwyn
Fantastic, I like it, but best on the plane I think.

Last edited by a moderator: