Heavy Haulage Tractor Unit

First Name
Charles
Any ways I have been slowly working on another heavy haulage transport vehicle. This is the tractor unit that will pull the trailer (which is going to be scratch built, more or less). It is not 100% completed yet. Still got some minor paint touch ups, weathering and detailing to get it to the point where I will be satisfied.

Anyways, enjoy the pics of what I got so far. My inspirations comes from various tractor units I have passed by while in the car and from looking at pics I got from off the net. The weathering is as usual, a well used unit with many years of experience on the road.

The tractor unit is mostly heavily modified from two kits and some minor scratch building.

mossiepilot

A learner learning
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tony
Wow Charles this looks fantastic.

The detailing is out of this world.

5 stars no doubt.

Tony.

P

Polux

Fantastic Job, like always Tiking!!

Congratulations!! Very nice one!

Regards

Polux

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Charles, you never fail to amaze me with these lorries you create.

Simply brilliant.

Ian M

T

treyzx10r

Amazing work Charles ,your weathering techniques are top notch!

B

Boldman

Wow! One of these days you should give us a Work In Progress to see how you get these amazing weathering effects :smiling3:

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Charles, yet another stunner from you.

Can't think of anything else to say....Except a Very Merry Christmas!

Ron

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Another real beauty there Charles. I like the empty crisp packet in the window - but shouldn't it be a Yorkie?

I agree with Boldman. Would it be possible for you to show us progress pics to see how you get your weathering so spot on?

Gern

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
lol. I will let you explain the Yorkie Gern...

Do Scania actually do an 8x6? Regardless it still looks the business! I wonder if you could convert a Tamiya R/C one the same way......

Charles, have you seen the latest offering from Hobby boss? Might be a bit smaller than you normally do but they have just put out a 1/35 HETS with heavy trailer. I thought of you when I saw it and thought " Hm wonder what Charles could get out of that....I could be tempted. (Another tank transporter for the collection.)

Ian M

First Name
Charles
\ said:
lol. I will let you explain the Yorkie Gern...Do Scania actually do an 8x6? Regardless it still looks the business! I wonder if you could convert a Tamiya R/C one the same way......

Charles, have you seen the latest offering from Hobby boss? Might be a bit smaller than you normally do but they have just put out a 1/35 HETS with heavy trailer. I thought of you when I saw it and thought " Hm wonder what Charles could get out of that....I could be tempted. (Another tank transporter for the collection.)

Ian M
Thanks everyone. I appreciate all of the comments. The weathering procedure is nothing more then real dirt, pigments and rattle cans. WEhen I have the time I'll see what I can put together to show you lot. But really, it is very simple. I just do things the simple way. :smiling3:

Ian, yeah, I have been waiting for a plastic version of that transporter for over 5 years now because I had a planned dio for it. I only just need the tractor unit but I guess I will have to buy the entire kit to get at it. ;)

First Name
Charles
Just scratch built the trailer to go along with this beast. So now th ecombo is complete. Still have to add some details like chains and locking equipments. Sorry about the pics but it was hell to photograph inside with not enough light, as it was snowing outside.

H

harrier-1973

That is fantastic, really, seriously good. I'm not going to comment of any specific features as the photo speaks for itself. I hope you're justifiably proud of what you've created there :smiling3:

First Name
Charles
\ said:
That is fantastic, really, seriously good. I'm not going to comment of any specific features as the photo speaks for itself. I hope you're justifiably proud of what you've created there :smiling3:
Glad you liked what've done.

T

treyzx10r

Simply stunning Charles,really amazing detail and weathering. You've set the bar real high with this build,very nicely done Sir!!!

M

mobear

when i was working in Iraq the trucks looked like that,you have a real good eye for detail,and i love it to bits

mobear

S

sprayman

Magnificent work...the photographs say more than I ever could.....beautiful job.

C

CDW

Words almost fail me (again) Charles....

Stunning, accurate, realistic, compelling, .... there are a few to be going on with :smiling3:

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
That is the bees knees! Terrific work Charles.

So what's next a load for this or are you looking at a new project?

Ian M