Heavy Haulage Tractor Unit

S

Sky Raider

Wow, thats a prize winner if ever i saw one. Fantastic.

Andy

First Name
Charles
\ said:
That is the bees knees! Terrific work Charles.So what's next a load for this or are you looking at a new project?

Ian M
Thanks everyone. Really appreciate your comments. Glad to hear that I have come close to the real thing. Ian, I've been pondering on this issue since I started with the tractor unit. There are a few heavy machines in 1/24 or 1/25 scale that will suit this build but they are little expensive and are available in Dicast. So I am going to save some money and get one of these huge machinery and weather it to fit the unit. We'll see.

First Name
Charles
I would prefer a front loader, but I wanted to try something else. I put together this little test. I decided to do a temporary load. As I have heard heavy Haulage companies do temporary conversions for their trailers, even if they were not made to transport them. They would modify or make temporary support or locking systems to help with their odd assignments. So here is my version of such. The supports are put in place with a mount lock( have not made them yet) unto the trailer beams on all four side. These are easily removable by lifting these brackets off with a small crane or hoist mechanism.

J

johnnymeekins

Wow! That rig is very awesome! I hope I can also have that truck! Actually, those kind of truck is using to haul heavy equipments in heavy hauling jobs like vehicles, big generator etc.