Heinkel He 219 A-7 UHU

T

treyzx10r

I hope you'll be easy on me its been over 10 years since I built something other than a motorcycle kit. The kit is really nice and comes with a weighted cockpit floor

I've got the cockpit almost complete ,I did a light wash on it thinking of going over it again any suggestions?

also been researching for days without a lot of luck on color photos anybody got any leads thanks in advance

B

Bunkerbarge

Not much wrong with that Trey.

Don't spend too much time looking for the disc brakes though will you, 'cos there aren't any!!:laughing:

PJP

Peter/Pedro/Hey you
First Name
Peter
I'm with Richard.

Leave that now and move on to the next stage.

I did notice a distinct lack of twistgrip and I'm not sure about the saddles....

Peter

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Hiya Trey,I'd leave the cockpit,looking good.

I can give you a run down on the RLM colours used on these machines if that would be helpful. You should be able to find equivalents to the RLM (it just stands for Reich air ministry) colours in model paints.

I've got this colour photo on my HD.

Not very good I'm afraid. I return home this evening and I'll see if I can turn anything better up for you.

Cheers

Steve

Last edited by a moderator:
F

Fenlander

Can't wait to see where you get a photo etch chain for it from ;)

Cockpit looks great

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Lookin great Trey. Are the harnesses an add-on or do they come with the kit?

T

treyzx10r

okay then the cockpit stays as is thanks for the input everyone!Steve a run down on the colors would be great having a hard time finding good info thanks!Allyne thanks yes the harness is from an MB models upgrade.Richard ,Peter and Graham you guys crack me up

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
See that wasnt hard was it!

Looks great Trey. I have a good feeling about this one.

Ian m

T

treyzx10r

thanks Ian I'm really enjoying this so far,nice change from the scooters(wow did I really just say that?lol)

Trey

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Be careful Trey. Once you step into the world of the nightfighter it's a very hard one to get out of lol

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
No colour pictures I'm afraid. I did find a colour drawing from the handbook of the He219 (dated January 1944) but it shows a standard scheme of overall RLM76 with a mottle of RLM75. That would look like the ones in the picture I posted above.

Cheers

Steve

S

Sky Raider

T

treyzx10r

thanks for the input fellas every bit helps. I made some progress with the landing gear

and the wheel bays

basic airframe is almost ready for primer

any input is welcome and needed thanks

B

Bunkerbarge

It's quite a size, something to get your teeth into. I like the seperate flaps, gives you more realistic options for display.

Looking forward tio the camoflage!!

S

sprayman

wow...what a bird to do, see your your doing a terrific job....look forward to the paint job.

T

treyzx10r

thanks fellas , I'm a little apprehensive about the cammo myself not tried this type before. I'm practicing on some scrap bits so hopefully I'll get it:lala:

B

Bunkerbarge

Trey could you please repeat that in very large letters on a regular basis? "I'm practising on some scrap" would have to be to me the single most important phrase we could all do with putting into practise as much as possible and is the one thing I try above all else to get newcomers into the hobby to realise just how importnat it is.

I'm reassured that someone of your skill and experience does it!!

S

Sky Raider

Looking great Trey, cant wait to see the finished item especially with all those TV arials stuck on the front lol.

Keep up the good work.

Andy

T

treyzx10r

thanks Richard you are quite right ,I do'nt jump into things without doing some tests on scraps. I've learned this the hard way and not so prideful I wo'nt admit it:wink:thanks Andy, as for the aerials I'm having a problem figuring out how to paint arround them as the base for them holds the nose on. Anybody got any ideas?

here is the assy its just dry fitted for now

and the nose cone that I would rather paint in place so the cammo lines up

and got the 'schrage music' 30 mm cannon ready barrels seem awful short do'nt they?

props and eng cowls ready for some detail work

M

m1ks

That's looking fantastic, great detail, looking at the aerial mounts i'd say they look big enough to mask off if you're careful not to snap one. (difficult to really judge by pic I know but?

If i'm masking anything small and fddly I usually lay some strips of tape on my cutting mat and slice them into thinner strips then build up layers, same principal for canopy masking too.