HEKI grass matting

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Hi while searching the web I came across a German producer called HEKI .
There seem to be several types of grass that they produce, Jim Elster
shows how it's used .
Looks good , the ability to tease the material apart to produce quite tall grass looks good .
Has any one tried it, it's designed by the loo of things for model railways, but surely we can use it in 1 / 35. ?
Thanks.
John .

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
That looks really good, and certainly easier to use than static grass. I'd guess the individual strands are maybe 1/4" long judging by how it looks against the guys fingers. In 1/35 that scales to a real length of about 8-9" which seems perfectly acceptable to me.

Reactions: JR

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
That looks really good, and certainly easier to use than static grass. I'd guess the individual strands are maybe 1/4" long judging by how it looks against the guys fingers. In 1/35 that scales to a real length of about 8-9" which seems perfectly acceptable to me.
Thanks Dave, think I might have a look , its about £11 plus postage for a small pack about 200 x 140. Yes I interested in the length, as some of the static grass applicators can't handle long lengths

I ve got one of those static grass machines, the first one from Evil bay is a complete waste of money. I've another from WWS
I made a simple frame to hold it and then do a sheet of grass tufts at a time. That's ok, but if you get a belt from the battery you damn well know it !:sad::tears-of-joy:

prichrd1

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
I ve got one of those static grass machines, the first one from Evil bay is a complete waste of money. I've another from WWS

Don't you mean that Matron has a device to keep you under control John????
:flushed::flushed::smiling2::smiling2:

Seriously tho' I've always struggled with grass on dio's - ordered grass mats before and the length of grass always seems too "short"

Paul.
:smiling2:

• Haha
Reactions: JR

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Don't you mean that Matron has a device to keep you under control John????
:flushed::flushed::smiling2::smiling2:

Seriously tho' I've always struggled with grass on dio's - ordered grass mats before and the length of grass always seems too "short"

Paul.
:smiling2:
God I hope she doesn't read this Paul , we 'll all get a shock .:flushed::smiling3::smiling3: