Heller 1/24 Citroën Fourgon H Van

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
What a lovely van Graham, cracking work so far mate.

F

Fenlander

Cheers guys.  Slight hitch today.  Got the cab fitted out and glued the front and doors on only to find later that the roof doesn't fit.  I think I have got the front too high, although it appears to be where it should be.  So I will have to trim a mm or two off the top of the windscreen panel.  C'est la vie!  Will wait until I am in the mood or I will Cock it up lol

A

Ace

Great topic, never seen one in America (just on Wheeler Dealers!). I also dislike that unnecessary use of clear plastic.

F

Fenlander

Crisis over, a slice off the top of the windscreen panel and the roof is on.  Monday should see this back in the spray booth for the ivory paint 9_9

DSC_0088.JPG

DSC_0087.JPG

DSC_0085.JPG

DSC_0086.JPG

F

Fenlander

Nice fix with the front Graham, looking forward to the paint and weathering going on.

No weathering going into this one Ian.  In fact, my weathering days may well be behind me now.  Never was much good at it anyway  9_9

Ok, not a lot of progress but yesterday I sprayed the ivory and today I have masked up and sprayed the crimson so it has been put aside now until tomorrow before I can do anything else. Corrugated panels are a real pain to mask up.........

DSC_0084.JPG

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
nice work with this one,Graham,liking the two tone, 9_9

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Looks great Graham. And I can see that masking that body work isn't the easiest of tasks!

Cheers

P

F

Fenlander

Still slow but steady progress.  I wasnt sure if the colour balance worked so I added the main graphic decals and it does work with them in place.  Same on the other side but shorter to allow for the sliding door.

Engine subframe in and wheels on. Got lots of fiddly bits to do and she is ready for the cabinet.

Citroen Fourgon H Van.jpg

0ne48thtel

Still slow but steady progress.  I wasnt sure if the colour balance worked so I added the main graphic decals and it does work with them in place.  Same on the other side but shorter to allow for the sliding door.

Engine subframe in and wheels on. Got lots of fiddly bits to do and she is ready for the cabinet.

View attachment 266651

That is looking rather smart Graham I like the paint scheme very much.

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
the sign works well,with your color scheme,looking good, :D

P

PWick

Looking good Graham. I built one of these earlier this year, had the same probs as you, plus the exhaust went behond the front bumper line! I used the same decal as you ,put it on one evening came back the next morning and it had all but peeled off, so I scanned it onto the PC, printed onto decal paper and made a new one! Nice kit I like it. Hopefully I'll do the Mehari in 2017!

F

Fenlander

Looking good Graham. I built one of these earlier this year, had the same probs as you, plus the exhaust went behond the front bumper line! I used the same decal as you ,put it on one evening came back the next morning and it had all but peeled off, so I scanned it onto the PC, printed onto decal paper and made a new one! Nice kit I like it. Hopefully I'll do the Mehari in 2017!

The Mehari looks an interesting alternative to the Mini Moke!

F

Fenlander

great work so far graham more pics please:D

Will be more when I get back to the bench James. Need to get this and the Ducati out the way as the mighty Bismarck is waiting in the sidelines for the new year start to the battleship GB :smiling3:

james pithouse

Models are fun just ask kpnuts
First Name
James
ok I'll wait and watch if I can the rest of your builds

J

John Rixon

No weathering going into this one Ian. In fact, my weathering days may well be behind me now. Never was much good at it anyway 9_9

Ok, not a lot of progress but yesterday I sprayed the ivory and today I have masked up and sprayed the crimson so it has been put aside now until tomorrow before I can do anything else. Corrugated panels are a real pain to mask up.........

View attachment 266482
Looks a cracker Graham! I had assumed that the red undercoat was in preparation for the standard old Citroen finish of rust, with a bit of paint showing through...:p