Heller 1/24 Delage D8 SS - completed at last

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
I've been kept from the bench by my arthritis, painful, but the major effect is stiffness - a few days of one handed living, and it's worn off, at least sufficiently to finish this. One disappointing feature of the model is you don't have the option of a folded top, when you would have a chance to see the interior!
DSCF1410.JPGDSCF1411.JPGDSCF1412.JPG

And with the top added...............................DSCF1413.JPGDSCF1414.JPGDSCF1415.JPGDSCF1416.JPG

The Heller Delage dates from a different era - It's an old model, and it shows. It takes quite a bit of work to put it together, some really bad centreline seams & a poorly fitting rear bootlid meant lots of filler & the addition of a hard shell spare wheel carrier ( from a Heller Mercedes 500 bits box ) to try & cover the worst. I don't think that removing the 'chrome' has done any harm - the AK True Metal looks just about right.
If you want to model the unusual, then I'm afraid this range of models is the only game in town!
I was intending to jump onto the Italeri 1/24 Bugatti Royale Town Car, but I think I'm going to take a break from cars..............
Thanks for dropping by.......................
Dave

Bortig the Viking

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
All came out well, agree with you the top in it should have given the option, but at least it does come off, guess its an age of kit issue, the chrome also looks great. Fantastic job on an unusual model, hope your arthritis gets better.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
That turned out very nicely. Hope that the arthritis lets up a it more.
And they say you can make a silk purse from a sows ear. You proved that one wronge.