Heller 1/24 Delage D8 SS

outrunner

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Andy,
I'd be interested in the colours of your Bugatti - I'm thinking blue & black for mine
Dave
Funny you should say that because mine is in those very colours, I will PM you a few pictures later.

Andy.

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Bugatti seemed to use blue for most of their cars
Bugatti_Type_35_Grand_Prix_0019_BH.jpg
Blue was the colour used by French Grand Prix Cars - Red = Italian White = Germany Green = GB - all much simpler in those days!
Dave

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Getting to the detail painting stage
Seats & door cards given a wash
DSCF1397.JPG
Frames of the windows & handles given AK treatment
DSCF1398.JPG

The bonnet has the centre hinge line masked and AK applied & buffed...............
DSCF1399.JPG
Getting close to final assemblies now.................
Dave

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Running up to the finish line now. The Interior, especially the door cards were a bit fiddly to assemble - I should have added the door cards to the upper bodywork befoe adding it the the lower half.............
DSCF1400.JPG
I think this will be last pictures in the 'under construction' section - I'll be able to finish this in the next day or two.

I left a few pieces of 'plated' parts overnight in my bleach jar.................
DSCF1401.JPG
Not bad, so the Italeri Bugatti Coupe Napoleon is a goer - I've piled in more parts to be cleaning whilst I finish the Delage, and I'll start a new thread for this monster.
Dave

First Name
Noel
Dave, I don't know what your religion is but I admire your faith! Making a good model from that old Heller kit must have been an uphill struggle at times, and posed you a few challenges. Just shows that some of those old kits have quite a bit of potential.
Despite Heller's idiosyncrasies on many of their kits their subject matter has given us classic car kit modellers some unusual car kits that we should be thankful for.

some unusual car kits

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Dave, I don't know what your religion is but I admire your faith! Making a good model from that old Heller kit must have been an uphill struggle at times, and posed you a few challenges. Just shows that some of those old kits have quite a bit of potential.
Despite Heller's idiosyncrasies on many of their kits their subject matter has given us classic car kit modellers some unusual car kits that we should be thankful for.

some unusual car kits
Noel,
they're hardly state of the art, and need quite a bit of tlc, but as you say the subjects are unusual, and the only game in town.
I'm keeping an ebay eye out for one of these
talbot record.jpg
Of course, I'm only willing to buy at a good discount! ;)
Dave

First Name
Noel
That Talbot Record you are looking to build is a very nice looking car. You did well with the Delage.