Heller 1/400 H.M.S. Hood.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
'fraid so Chris!

Anchors and chains fitted. I thought these looked a bit big - Until I saw the real things....:astonished:
P1300817.JPG

P1300819.JPG

I've also painted on a recognition roundel to 'A' turret.
P1300818.JPG

I've also added more detail, which is hardly noticeable, so I didn't take any more pictures.

Cheers,
Ron

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Cheers Dave.

I tried for accuracy (My standards anyway) with regards to the two major alterations already mentioned. The fictitious bits were just that - Bits. simply to liven up the bland plastic.

For once in my miserable life, I did a bit of research on a subject and tried my best to get my effort's colour scheme about right for the period (May '41) Although there is still a load of 'Grey Areas' (pardon the pun) as to her exact colours at the time of her sinking. Even pictures of the wreck have proved to be inconclusive in certain areas.....So yet again I'm on safe ground away from any potential nit pickers. ;);)

It was an extremely difficult and time consuming build, but I'm glad I took it on. I'm happy with the result and apart from weathering she is finished.

Thanks for your interest.

Ron

Last edited:

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Ron
Looks excellent. A researched, accurate model from the master of the 'winging it' school of modelling. What is the world coming to!!??
Very much looking forward to the next stages.
Jim

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Ptwang!!!...You sure winged it good Ron. :smiling2: And you removed her knickers very deftly in the outdoors even. So will you be laying her in calm or turbulent waters?

Cheers,
Richard

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Ptwang!!!...You sure winged it good Ron. :smiling2: And you removed her knickers very deftly in the outdoors even. So will you be laying her in calm or turbulent waters?

Cheers,
Richard
Well HAHA :rolling: :smiling::smiling:Richard you hit the nail on the head by sayin 570 HAS REMOVED HER KNICKERS yes he did that all right by that cut that gave me a good laugh you sir are very witty an keep it up as i like a good laugh to cheer me up an 570 said she is gonna be in rough seas
chris

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Well HAHA :rolling: :smiling::smiling:Richard you hit the nail on the head by sayin 570 HAS REMOVED HER KNICKERS yes he did that all right by that cut that gave me a good laugh you sir are very witty an keep it up as i like a good laugh to cheer me up an 570 said she is gonna be in rough seas
chris

OOh, rough seas huh...then she'd better hold onto her two funnels.... oh boy I really need to get my coat now. :smiling2:

Cheers,
Richard

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Quickly moving on........ ;)

Thanks for keeping up the banter chaps.

Don't worry about the rough sea, sick bags will be distributed during the voyage........

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
For once in my miserable life, I did a bit of research on a subject and her colour scheme is also about right for the period (May '41) Although there is still a load of 'Grey Areas' (pardon the pun) as to her exact colours at the time of her sinking. Even pictures of the wreck have proved to be inconclusive in certain areas.....So yet again I'm on safe ground away from any potential nit pickers. ;);)

I shouldn't worry about it Ron. There's exactly the same problem with colours for the Arizona and Bismark at the time of their sinking.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
HONESTLY 570 when i first saw your cut i nearly spilt my cauppa oh what a way to put a wind up a member thought you'd gone off your trolly Aaaaaaagggghhhhhh
chris
Chris 570'S never been normal , well not since he met Polly. Had a rather bad effect on him ever since.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Chris 570'S never been normal , well not since he met Polly. Had a rather bad effect on him ever since.
OH DEAR John:thinking: not that bloomin parrot again HAHA if we mention that to much 570 will go go round the bend HAHA :rolling: :flushed::tongue-out3:
from Polly TO 570 !!!!peices of eight !!!!!!! peices of eight !!!! awk awk awk !!!!HELLO HELLO 570 LOL
POLLY