Heller Citroen 1/8 Build 1 - A

M

mario lucchini

Here we will start with the engine build...

Some explanations before we get to it...

In general, the parts were taken off the sprue, test fitted and given a first sanding to eliminate flashes, mold marks, etc.

Drilling for scale bolts was done using the appropiate drill for passing hardware & tapping.

For instance, for a 1.2 mm bolt, the passing drill used is a 1.3 mm one, and the tapping diameter is a 1.0 mm one.

For the insertion of scale bolts, a very useful tool I devised, was made from Allen bolts whose head fits the head of the scale bolt. This Allen bolt is turned in the lathe as thin as possible before getting to the hex part, and then it's given a handle...(See image)

On the other hand, for nuts or difficult insertions, some open wrenches were made from brass...good milling excercise!!

Some parts needed reinforcements, which are done using different thicknesses of styrene strips and/or automotive epoxy putty which allows sanding, drilling, etc. (Very hard but easily workable)

The images depict this first stages, showing the assembly manual in it's first page...

The water pump shown is a good example of a part being prepared for final painting, the part halves are glued & sanded to give that "one piece look", holes are drilled & tapped to accept scale bolts, putty is used for dimples & scratches and certain parts from the kit as pulleys are turned in aluminum, the plastic ones are discarded because they are not convincing for super detailing.

Some brass hardware is also scratchbuilt from metal to further enhance the supedetailing tasks...

I remind you that if you put your PC cursor over the images, a short explanation of it appears, which complements this text...

Before even I had the kit in my hands, I made an extensive search in the web for the 1/1 car data, from time to time I'll include images of that data too...

Hope this first build stage has been amusing & useful...

Thaks for viewing...:grinball2:

Mario

View attachment 16040

View attachment 16041

View attachment 16042

View attachment 16043

View attachment 16044

View attachment 16045

View attachment 16046

View attachment 16047

View attachment 16048

View attachment 16049

View attachment 16050

View attachment 16051

View attachment 16052

View attachment 16053

View attachment 16054

View attachment 16055

p04a.jpg

Bolt wrench.JPG

Assorted bolt wrenches.JPG

The oil pan with scale bolts presented, the bracket & putty.JPG

The oil pan with scale bolts & paint samples.JPG

The block with reinforcements.JPG

The block with scale studs & nuts.JPG

The block with mounting bolts presented.JPG

Block with reinforcements & drilling for scale bolts.JPG

Water pump 1.JPG

Water pump 2.JPG

Water pump 3.JPG

Water pump 4.JPG

Water pump 5.JPG

Water pump 6.JPG

Water pump 7.JPG

K

kavik

Hello I've just bought the citroen at 1/8 scale and before begining it I'd like to know about somebody who has done it in order to have some ideas, thank you for your answers,

Jean Pierre from Spain

S

stig

Hi Mario

I just bought one of these kits new from www.modelhobbies.co.uk . I have wanted one for some years. I will be following your build with great interest.

Steve

B

Bluewavestudios

Hi All,

Just for info, this is not the only thread on this site about this kit (There are at least 3 or 4 now) so please do check out the other threads, there are some very nice pics already up and useful construction info too. Hopefully all this should add up to some very nice models.

The more the information, the better for all of us.

Keep the pics coming Mario, am looking forwards to more of your work and comments on this one too. Looking very nice so far !!

Regards.....Mark

M

matdom

MatDom

Hi all

Have just purchased the Heller 1/8 Citroen 15. My previous research into building this model outlined the difficulties and the flaws in the model.I am very interested in how other members have resolved some of these problems and if there are some other problems in assembly

Cheers

Stephan