• Thread starter Deleted member 7181
  • Start date

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
And I'm definitely going to have to get my eyes tested!

Struggling to focus working so close up so I tried on a pair of my wife's reading glasses. What a difference, I hadn't realised how bad they'd gotten :nerd:
Get yourself a pair of +1 reading glasses from poundland Andy , the magnification is just enough to make things clearer close up. Plus I also use a magnifying lamp for a lot of the detail work (well virtually everything if im honest!) cheers tony

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
Get your eyes tested Andy. They can spot early signs of quite a few problems, and a proper pair of prescription glasses will make your life a lot easier.

Pete

D

Deleted member 7181

I've been wearing glasses for distance (driving etc) for 30 years, but since my prescription never changed its something I've neglected for a few years. It must be turning 50 that did it, all of my mates are suddenly reaching for their specs to read menus and the like :smiling5:

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
I started to struggle with reading things close up so it was either get my eyes tested and get some reading glasses or try and grow longer arms , i had to go with the first option. ( although the Gibbon like arms would have been quite handy ! )

D

Deleted member 7181

Haha, yes, I'm starting to feel like I need longer arms.

And with all the kneeling down and standing up I do at work it seems like the floor is getting further away too. I'm sure it wasn't this much effort 20 years ago :smiling2:

D

Deleted member 7181

Get yourself a pair of +1 reading glasses from poundland Andy

Good call on these thanks Tony, they've made a world of difference. No longer am I just loading a brush with paint and stabbing in the general direction, hoping for the best :smiling5: Still planning to get a proper eye test but they'll suffice for now.

I'm also starting to see why some of you guys have a couple of models on the go at once. I didn't anticipate the waiting around for various things to dry before moving on to the next stage. Spitfire is painted and ready for decals and I have an SAR Seaking arriving today hopefully. I've been around a few since my brother used to fly in them, so a predictable build for me, but judging by the one in the starter set group build I reckon I'll be using my own paint!

There I go, babbling on like a kid, but I'm really enjoying myself!

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Hi Andy, talking about eyesight I just spotted your post. Welcome to the club of near blindness. :smiling6: I'm glad you're enjoying the new found hobby.

Cheers,
Richard

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
Still planning to get a proper eye test
Get it done Andy!
Incidentally, my mother had glaucoma, which can be hereditary, so I get one free test per year on the NHS. They don't check for a family history of glaucoma...

Pete

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Get it done Andy!
Incidentally, my mother had glaucoma, which can be hereditary, so I get one free test per year on the NHS. They don't check for a family history of glaucoma...

Joy of living in Scotland i get one free every year anyway lol