Hello All!

KevWhalen90

SMF Supporter
First Name
Kev
Hi All, Ex architect turned high school "techy" teacher here and a new member to the community.

Love everything about scale modelling though throughout my architecture days it was limited to scale buildings / house models etc.

Went through a spell of creating / painting fantasy models mostly Warhammer 40k vehicles) about 7-8 years ago but due to one thing or another didn't continue it on....

Looking to get back into it and have my first model Tamiya 1/35 Aus-A Panther kit arriving soon and cant wait to start putting it together!

Going to be a nice chilled build process and from reading a few of the posts and things here I already have a couple of wee ideas I want to try out along the way...

Thanks and really look forward to showing my process and sharing some ideas & tips and tricks with you all!

Cheers,

Kev

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
The world is crazy - fortunately the people on the forum aren't! Welcome!
Steve
Really........I can think of at least two members that need daily meds from matron...... ;) :smiling2:

Kev,

In all seriousness, welcome aboard and no question is too stupid.....

The guys on here have loads of great experience and ideas.

ATB.

Andrew

D

Deleted member 5496

Hi Kev near missed this one.

What a history there & it could have been mine. 50 years to the day in architecture. 43 in Jersey where I live.

Which part of the British Isles do you come from ?

I hope with your background we all may soon see dioramas which are my soft spot. Architecture gives a good
grounding for scale modelling. Imagination artistic work.

Look forward to seeing your work in time. Not sure how much you have doen but keep the questions coming.
20 years modelling & I flash questions all the time. Get so many varied anwers most you would not thought of.

I dare give an incite into this diorama thing which has become a passion. Taking liberties but trying , with your
background, to get you on diorama. You always have something to aim at. apologies for liberties taken.

1626995698916.jpeg
1626996500332.jpeg

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Welcome aboard Kev, you'll find that even the experienced can't even tell what's an SBS. :tears-of-joy: We learn everyday, eat humble pie and enjoy new findings. You've found the best place...just like Hotel California...you can check out anytime but you can never leave. Enjoy your stay. :smiling4:

Cheers,
Richard

KevWhalen90

SMF Supporter
First Name
Kev
HI All,

Thanks so much for the kind words and warm welcome! Very much appreciated!

I am recently relocated from the Scottish central belt (Stirling) to rural Aberdeenshire in the north east due to securing my first permanent technical teaching role at a high school in the area.

Panther kit is arriving today however we have friends over this evening for the weekend so likely not Sunday till I can get the box open and make a start.... I also bought myself a craft knife and some super glue (when I say I am starting from scratch ..... I really mean it! LOL!!)

Thanks again for the really warm welcome and I will be sure to get back to those who have asked questions in the posts above......

Until then, I have managed to pick and find some images of my previous works to have a wee peek at..... the are all very much "fantasy" based and all the pieces here were all completely scratch built.

Going to go down the road of "proper" historical vehicles this time round but thought I would add some here anyways......

Cheers & Have a great weekend,

Kev

Attachments

• 620005-.jpg
    620005-.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 19
  • 720087-.jpg
    720087-.jpg
    156.7 KB · Views: 19
  • 716779-Damage, Dirt, Imperial Guard, Mud, Objective Marker, Rust, Scratch, Supplies.jpg
    716779-Damage, Dirt, Imperial Guard, Mud, Objective Marker, Rust, Scratch, Supplies.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 20
  • 672753-.jpg
    672753-.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 20
  • 666094-Barbed Wire, Bunker, Concrete, Damage, Death Korps of Krieg, Destroyrd.jpg
    666094-Barbed Wire, Bunker, Concrete, Damage, Death Korps of Krieg, Destroyrd.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 20
  • 596912-Ancient Glory, Macharius, Objective Marker, Rust, Rusted, Tank, Terrain.jpg
    596912-Ancient Glory, Macharius, Objective Marker, Rust, Rusted, Tank, Terrain.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 20
  • 632970-Ancient, Defender, Imperial Guard, Malcador, Rivets, Rust, Supply, Tank.jpg
    632970-Ancient, Defender, Imperial Guard, Malcador, Rivets, Rust, Supply, Tank.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 21
  • 730959-Battle, Build, Built, Chainsword, Death Korp, Death Korps of Krieg, Diorama.jpg
    730959-Battle, Build, Built, Chainsword, Death Korp, Death Korps of Krieg, Diorama.jpg
    142.5 KB · Views: 20