Hello. Back to modelling after a little break.

CarolsHusband

SMF Supporter
First Name
Dan
Evening everyone.
I used to build 1/35 WW2 kits as a kid and kind of had another go in my late twenties but it's always been something that's simmered away in the background. I'm now still nearer to 50 than 60, but only just.
Clearing some stuff from my folks house last year I found not only 5 Tamiya catalogues from the 70's but also a stash of kits I'd built years ago. I then started looking on the net and have been totally inspired by some of the builders out there. Previously amazed by Francois Verlindens work, I now feel just as bowled over by what I've seen recently.
I've bought 3 kits to get me started (or last me the next 5 years) and intend to make a start this week. I'm going to take them really slowly ( I also have a love of old cars and with spring on the way I'll be splitting my spare time).
I'm aiming to build dioramas too, so it'll either turn into an all consuming passion again or I'll make a right dogs dinner of it. Time will tell !

Anyway, nice to be here and I've enjoyed having a look round. Hopefully I'll have something to contribute soon.

Cheers, Dan

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Dan
Welcome to the forum. We are a friendly, helpful bunch. As Tim says have a good look around and when you're ready to start your kit blog your build. That way you'll get plenty of helpful feedback and encouragement.
Jim

CarolsHusband

SMF Supporter
First Name
Dan
Thank you for the warm welcome everybody.

I hope it's ok if I take this opportunity to try and post a pic just as a test....

py5Mzk5.jpg

Maybe a little "obvious" as first choices to rekindle my hobby but they both have a story. My cousin built the Flakvierling halftrack when we were kids and I was always in awe of it, but never bought one. The Flak 88 because I asked my Gran for it on my 12th birthday, I even gave her the serial number. She bought me this....
l2JMz3O.jpg
I can still remember the disappointment. Not that I'm bitter, obviously !

Anyway, I'll stop wittering and start modelling.

:smiling3:

Last edited:

CarolsHusband

SMF Supporter
First Name
Dan
I s'pose in hindsight it wasn't that long since the war and she wasn't much of a fan of Mr Hitler as you can imagine. I think it probably started my interest in cars too but I do remember being gutted.

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Welcome Dan!
Nice models - ease you back into the hobby - you'll find a lot of new materials and techniques have emerged over the years, so any questions, ask away - I'm certain that someone will know the answer, or where to find it!
Dave

Bobby Conkers

Sausage Fingers
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Thank you for the warm welcome everybody.

I hope it's ok if I take this opportunity to try and post a pic just as a test....

View attachment 413609

Maybe a little "obvious" as first choices to rekindle my hobby but they both have a story. My cousin built the Flakvierling halftrack when we were kids and I was always in awe of it, but never bought one. The Flak 88 because I asked my Gran for it on my 12th birthday, I even gave her the serial number. She bought me this. I can still remember the disappointment. Not that I'm bitter, obviously !

View attachment 413610

Anyway, I'll stop wittering and start modelling.

:smiling3:
I'm going to be watching the Lotus 72 with great interest - I've made many F1 models but this is still on my shopping list. I'm waiting for new decals to arrive before finishing my 1/12 Lotus 78 - those 1/12 Tamiyas are fantastic models (I believe Adrian Newey is a fan as well!).