Hello. Back to modelling after a little break.

CarolsHusband

SMF Supporter
First Name
Dan
I'm going to be watching the Lotus 72 with great interest - I've made many F1 models but this is still on my shopping list. I'm waiting for new decals to arrive before finishing my 1/12 Lotus 78 - those 1/12 Tamiyas are fantastic models (I believe Adrian Newey is a fan as well!).

Sorry, I guess that didn't come across right. The Lotus was what I got when I was 12 instead of the Flak 88. I did do a few 1/25 cars in my late 20's but have always liked 1/35 military the best.

Who knows what I might have started though ?

therapy

SMF Supporter
First Name
Nick
Hi Dan,

I had that Flakvierling Half-track for Christmas when I was about 14/15. I think it cost about 8 quid at the time which was quite a lot back then. I thought I made quite a good job of it :smiling3: . Will look forward to seeing it built up again.

Hope you enjoy yourself on here.

Nick

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Hi Dan and Welcome to the forum. Theres a story behind that user name I'm sure..
Nice choice to warm up on.

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Hi dan welcome to the forum , looking forward to seeing the halftrack being built , cheers tony

CarolsHusband

SMF Supporter
First Name
Dan
Just started it, I've spent the last 35 mins test fitting and starting to assemble the flakvierling mount.
With the smell of liquid poly filling air and taking me back in time, I realised it was maybe a little too enjoyable and that it might be a good idea to open the window....
Once I've got going I'll start a build thread.
Happy days :smiling3:

langy71

SMF Supporter
First Name
Chris
Welcome Dan, feel free to jump right in and make yourself at home....
oh and I believe Jaffa Cakes are the preferred snack of choice when watching a build progress. :thumb2::thumb2::thumb2:

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
I agree with Chris and tea would be nice, but I'm told that my fav, Tetley's is not in vogue, so I must defer to Yorkshire :rolling: and be aware that you will probably receive all manner of requests when the rest of the "Rabble" show up. Rick H.

Del640

SMF Supporter
First Name
Del
Welcome!
This is a great site with a membership that can answer virtually anything model based.

Enjoy those builds, look forward to the finished job!

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Excuse me Dan

Welcome!
This is a great site with a membership that can answer virtually anything model based.

Enjoy those builds, look forward to the finished job!

Del I agree,:thumb2: but change the answer to answer virtually anything , esp problems with PC's and cameras.:smiling2: had more help on here than looking on Google .

CarolsHusband

SMF Supporter
First Name
Dan
So I've started my half track but was in the barn earlier and started looking in boxes. One thing lead to another and the camera came out. Didn't know where to post so I thought I'd put them here for prosperity.

kAaM6aI.jpg

ZZpIcfm.jpg

CCKW 352 cut down from a 353 with studebaker spare wheel rack modified to fit.

fFZWGBt.jpg

Partially burned Opel Blitz

aETGawc.jpg

Not "Fury" !

ItUNGbO.jpg

j6ekeFB.jpg

Blown up Panther

zjTmZ7y.jpg

I couldn't get an Italeri Sherman ARV for love nor money so borrowed one off a mate and measured up from it to scratch build the recovery bits. Not perfect but I was pretty pleased with it.

ou9m7n1.jpg

Thanks for looking.

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Welcome Dan. Many of us were returnee modellers from decades ago, things have moved on. Plenty of help and inspiration here to help you along if you want it. Enjoy, I look forward to seeing some of your models.