Hello. Back to modelling after a little break.

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
...... And it's a warm welcome from me too !!
Liking those builds..... Especially the Half Track .
Andy

Strenko J

Faithful rabble apprentice
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Welcome aboard Dan
this is a great place to learn new tricks and tips when getting back into the hobby. Love those two old wwii Tamiya kits. Looking forward to seeing your work on them.

CarolsHusband

SMF Supporter
First Name
Dan
Thanks everyone, it's amused me how fast I've felt comfortable modelling again and also thinking about future builds. As hobbies go, it certainly give value for money too.

Dan,
nice models - love the 'natural' weathering! :smiling2:
Dave

Yeah, 30 years of loft dust works wonders. The Blitz looks like it has a light dusting of snow or at least a bit of frost.

I should really give them a bit of a dust.....

GerryW

Rest In Peace
First Name
Gerry
Thank you for the warm welcome everybody.

I hope it's ok if I take this opportunity to try and post a pic just as a test....

View attachment 413609

Maybe a little "obvious" as first choices to rekindle my hobby but they both have a story. My cousin built the Flakvierling halftrack when we were kids and I was always in awe of it, but never bought one. The Flak 88 because I asked my Gran for it on my 12th birthday, I even gave her the serial number. She bought me this....
View attachment 413610
I can still remember the disappointment. Not that I'm bitter, obviously !

Anyway, I'll stop wittering and start modelling.

:smiling3:
Must admit that the Flakvierling halftracks were my first attempt of a diorama, back in the '70s - although they were in 1:72 - had several, which were positioned around a couple of the 88s with Kubel wagon & motorcycle, with Africa Korp infantry support/machine gun pits - fairly sure that I used the old Hornby trackside seaweed for 'vegetation' - wish I knew where they went, but several moves and a lot of years mean that they've gone, never to be recovered.