Hello Everyone

First Name
Chris
Hi guys,

Just wanted to introduce myself, I'm Chris and a modeller from the UK, my main subject focus is around WWII armour and some aircraft, although I'm quickly running out of room to show off the finished kits!

I have seen a few familiar names/models around here from Instagram which is great so figured it was about time I got myself involved in forums a little more.

Anyways look forward to having enough time to post some builds.

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Chris,
welcome to the forum - you'll find a lot of like minded people here, and we're probably the friendliest forum!! All types of models & all types of modellers. Loads of inspiration, and there's always a new technique, or idea that you can pick up ( or add! ).
Hull - I used to join ships in Hull, in my first career as a Merchant Navy Officer & I took my professional qualifications there. I spent a few nights or more in the local boozers! The most memorable being in a pub called the 'Shire Horse' ( this was in the 80's ) - motley crowd - livened up by someone letting off a CS gas canister - about 50 blokes trying to get out of two doors, all gasping & crying....................
Dave
PS - 3D printing? That's intriguing!

First Name
Chris
Chris,
welcome to the forum - you'll find a lot of like minded people here, and we're probably the friendliest forum!! All types of models & all types of modellers. Loads of inspiration, and there's always a new technique, or idea that you can pick up ( or add! ).
Hull - I used to join ships in Hull, in my first career as a Merchant Navy Officer & I took my professional qualifications there. I spent a few nights or more in the local boozers! The most memorable being in a pub called the 'Shire Horse' ( this was in the 80's ) - motley crowd - livened up by someone letting off a CS gas canister - about 50 blokes trying to get out of two doors, all gasping & crying....................
Dave
PS - 3D printing? That's intriguing!
Hello dave,

Cheers for the warm welcome, I have been lurking for some time now.

It's been a long time since I have gone out into actual Hull Town for a drink, but the name of the pub sounds familiar...not sure if it's still there or maybe under a new name now. Sounds like a crazy night though!

Ahh yes I run a 3D printing company for scale model products and bench aids, been up and running for a few years now and are going from strength to strength. Did not want to include this detail in the first post here as did not want it to seem like I'm self promoting.

Anyways thanks again for the warm welcome and I'll be sure to post some of my WIP tomorrow as I'm heading out for the evening now.

Chris

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
... and it's s warm welcome from too Chris :smiling3:
Sounds like you've got quite some cashe of finished stuff there mate ;)
I look forward to seeing your stuff,and I'm sure you'll feel right at home;)
Andy

Airborne01

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Welcome mate; by 'eck lad 'Ull was a very reasonable venue for a run ashore - just never met anybody who's admitted to coming from that neck of the woods ... !
Steve

First Name
Chris
... and it's s warm welcome from too Chris :smiling3:
Sounds like you've got quite some cashe of finished stuff there mate ;)
I look forward to seeing your stuff,and I'm sure you'll feel right at home;)
Andy
Haha! More shelf queen's than finished projects .... I'm known to be easily sidetracked from a project and start another :tears-of-joy: ... I'm trying to correct this bad habit!

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Chris
A warm welcome to a great forum.
I went to secondary school in Hull many, many years ago. Hymers College. We use to bunk off school and go and hang out at the docks. That was back in the day when Hull had a large fishing fleet.
Jim

First Name
Chris
Hi Chris
I went to secondary school in Hull many, many years ago. Hymers College. We use to bunk off school and go and hang out at the docks. That was back in the day when Hull had a large fishing fleet.
Jim
Hi Jim, thanks for the welcome! Hymers is still on the go .. but yeah very little left of the fishing or shipping works here anymore.

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Hi Chris
Jim
Hanging out at the docks? - sounds fishy to me!!! ;)

Dave

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Hi Chris. Welcome from me an’ all…..looking forward to seeing your work :thumb2:

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Welcome Chris and Lurk no longer!! We are a fairly loose bunch and do enjoy our "Banter".....feel free to join in and Do remember to have FUN along the way. :thumb2: Rick H.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Welcome to the forum. We hope that you enjoy and we look forward seeing some of your work.

Ahh yes I run a 3D printing company for scale model products and bench aids, been up and running for a few years now and are going from strength to strength. Did not want to include this detail in the first post here as did not want it to seem like I'm self promoting.
A very good idea as Self promoting is not permitted on the forum.
Also the use of the company name and logo is not exactly playing by the rules either.
The only person allowed free adverts on here is the guy that pays the bill and owns the forum.