Hello from the land of concrete cows and roundabouts....

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
...or to those from outside the UK, a large town 50-ish miles north of London called Milton Keynes.

Firstly apologies for not saying hello before submitting some of my posts yesterday but life got in the way.

I was invited over here by Si Benson after we 'met' on another forum that has recently pretty much died. I've also seen a couple of other names I know: Wouter and some madman called Bob who is obsessed by Stugs!! :tongue-out3:

My modelling bio goes something like this:
  • Did a variety of planes, tanks, ships etc. in my youth, mainly for small volume war-gaming purposes and to a very average standard or fairly poor in most cases!
  • Didn't then touch a kit for 25+years. Got married and had kids.
  • 5 years ago my then six year old son decided he wanted a model kit and the rest is history - not to mention a lot of expense and filled up cupboards as my wife has pointed out more than once.........:disappointed:
  • My son and I exclusively do 1/72, WW2 and normally quick-build kits for our little table-top battles.
  • We've recently started working on home made scenery too but are still in the early stages.
  • My daughter even helps out sometimes, with tarpaulins being her specialty.
  • Whilst I have come back to the hobby in a much bigger way than I ever did it in my youth and want to improve my skills - even going so far as to buy a compressor and one of the new-fangled airbrush thingies!! - for me it's currently about have some fun and quality time with my kids and hopefully making some reasonably decent kits in the process!

I'll post some pics over the next few days, once I've had a play and worked out how to add them

adt70hk

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Test image - attached

Attachments

• 330px-11th_Armoured_Division_(United_Kingdom)_Insignia.svg.png
    330px-11th_Armoured_Division_(United_Kingdom)_Insignia.svg.png
    25.6 KB · Views: 4

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Welcome, welcome, welcome. The land of concrete cows? I come from the city of fiberglass Bison, Buffalo, New York, where they have recently tried out some roundabouts. They can be slow sometimes.:smiling2: PaulE

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Hi Andrew,
Great to have you with us. I’m sure the folks would love to see some of your great work especially the expanded foam sections you did recently.

Our forum is brimming with talented modellers and new comers alike and there is always some thing to learn or share.
Welcome along :smiling4:

adt70hk

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Just for Bob 2 more test images, now I have worked out embedding.....

29265497218_01a770fdb4_c.jpg

43137194961_be4d23a5a0_c.jpg

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Andrew,
welcome to the forum!
Please don't encourage Bobthestug, the medication only just keeps him in check!
Why don't you join in one of out group builds? Look at the 2019 & 2020 categories here
The recon, or animal antics GB can be wheeled, tracked or wingy things so plenty of subjects to go at..........
Dave

Bortig the Viking

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
Hi, welcome to the forum, I too live in Milton Keynes and I must say it's better than people think, although I got here because my wife originated from Bletchley.
Look forward to seeing your work.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Hi Andy, and a big welcome from the wild, wild west! Western Montana, that is. Love your scale, If I hadn't got hooked on 1/87 first it would have been my choice as well. Looking forward to your postings and please try not to agitate BTS too much as Dave is correct about his meds being marginal at best. Cheers, Rick H.

adt70hk

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Welcome, welcome, welcome. The land of concrete cows? I come from the city of fiberglass Bison, Buffalo, New York, where they have recently tried out some roundabouts. They can be slow sometimes.:smiling2: PaulE
Thx Paul for the welcome. Perhaps there is a twinning opportunity here given our home towns love for roundabouts (we have around 200) and man made bovines!!

Do a quick search online for Milton Keynes and concrete cows and you'll see what ours look like.

Last edited:

adt70hk

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Andrew,
welcome to the forum!
Please don't encourage Bobthestug, the medication only just keeps him in check!
Why don't you join in one of out group builds? Look at the 2019 & 2020 categories here
The recon, or animal antics GB can be wheeled, tracked or wingy things so plenty of subjects to go at..........
Dave
Dave

Thanks for the welcome. I'll have a look when I get a bit more time.

ATB

Andrew

adt70hk

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Hi, welcome to the forum, I too live in Milton Keynes and I must say it's better than people think, although I got here because my wife originated from Bletchley.
Look forward to seeing your work.
Thanks. I too am an import. Luton via 8 years in London. Been here almost 13 years now. You're right it is much better than people think .

Andrew

adt70hk

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Hi Andy, and a big welcome from the wild, wild west! Western Montana, that is. Love your scale, If I hadn't got hooked on 1/87 first it would have been my choice as well. Looking forward to your postings and please try not to agitate BTS too much as Dave is correct about his meds being marginal at best. Cheers, Rick H.
Rick

Thanks for the welcome. It's ok Bob and I know each other a bit from another forum as you so I think I've got a handle the effectiveness of his meds, but I will be careful all the same!!!