Hello there!

First Name
mike
Have a Bose system hooked up to my TV. Dolby sounds mighty fine. Never replaced my turntable when it failed & gave away my albums.
Noooo! I must admit I sold loads of my old vinyl collection, now I'm slowly replacing my favourites. I really enjoy sitting building my models and listening to the old classics from the 70's and 80's, must be the most relaxing pastime ever

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Noooo! I must admit I sold loads of my old vinyl collection, now I'm slowly replacing my favourites. I really enjoy sitting building my models and listening to the old classics from the 70's and 80's, must be the most relaxing pastime ever
HI WELL i love sitting playing my tapes of the 50's an 60's an 70; music while im building my tiger
chris

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Welcome Mike
Sounds like it’s time to start building and listening :thumb2:
I love vinyl and have wayyyy too much LOL. There are far better systems out there than Bose though…..but that’s a whole new rabbit hole to explore :smiling2:

First Name
mike
Welcome Mike
Sounds like it’s time to start building and listening :thumb2:
I love vinyl and have wayyyy too much LOL. There are far better systems out there than Bose though…..but that’s a whole new rabbit hole to explore :smiling2:
Agreed, I do like Bose though! Had some decent car set ups using Bose so I'm a bit biased...
I think I'll replace the speakers on my HiFi though, they are huge! Modern tech is much better than those old JVC cabinets, I'm also adding a Bluetooth jack so can go wireless ;)

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
You’ll probably gain clarity but lose bass response going for smaller bookshelf speakers. There’s plenty of choice out there though. Also, make sure the amp can drive them Mike. Most stand alone speakers are eight ohm. Integrated Hi Fi tends to be geared towards lower impedance speakers (4 or even 2 ohm) because they are easier to drive.

First Name
mike
You’ll probably gain clarity but lose bass response going for smaller bookshelf speakers. There’s plenty of choice out there though. Also, make sure the amp can drive them Mike. Most stand alone speakers are eight ohm. Integrated Hi Fi tends to be geared towards lower impedance speakers (4 or even 2 ohm) because they are easier to drive.
The original speakers are 8 ohm impedance, so I assume the amp will match, I can't get to the rear to check. The set cost me £699 reduced from £999, in 1990, still a bloody fortune today :flushed:

First Name
mike
I really must tidy my room! :poop:

Attachments

• IMG_2593.JPG
    IMG_2593.JPG
    104.2 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_2594.JPG
    IMG_2594.JPG
    65.4 KB · Views: 14

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
The original speakers are 8 ohm impedance, so I assume the amp will match, I can't get to the rear to check. The set cost me £699 reduced from £999, in 1990, still a bloody fortune today :flushed:
Yep, should be fine. Didn’t want you to be dissatisfied was all :thumb2:
As to prices, the funny thing about Hi Fi is that the price points remain the same, but the products change. You can still get a decent Hifi set up for around that price. Mind you, if you went second hand you’d get a far better set up buying separates, and probably for less!
The room looks fine, by the way. It reminds me of almost everyone’s mancave LOL.

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Have the same system (from the 80s) minus the turntable in the mancave. Still sounds great.

First Name
mike
Back to the model making: Re the F18F, I'm going for Tamiya acrylics XF66 light grey for the upper fuselage, and XF53 neutral grey underneath, mainly due to both being almost full! I won't need them for a while so I'll keep searching for the exact Meng paints, and then do some colour matching. ;)

john

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
First Name
John
First Name
mike
Thanks John, I'll order theses and try matching with my stock ;)

First Name
mike
I've done a bit of a cross ref with Hasegawa kit and they list the upper 292 as Mr Color 307 FS36320 and lower 308 as again 308, FS36375 ;)