Hello

First Name
Martin
Don't think that I ever introduced myself, so here goes. Name is Martin, I will be 69 years old later this year, been modelling since I was about 8 years old. I did always model Ships and Aircraft, but now only 1/35 scale armour(big enough for my eyes now) I am also interested in model railways, I have a loft layout, but getting a bit too old now for climbing into the loft now. I also have a G Scale Garden railway, which is easier to operate. I am a retired Mechanical Engineer, so since retirement I have more time, but doesn't always work like that though. My current work in progress in the Ryefield M1240A1 M-ATV with full interior, I have two of these to build. Other interest is Photography. I live in Jarrow( South Tyneside, famous for the Jarrow march)
Martin

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Hello and welcome Martin :smiling3:

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Hiya
Belated welcome Martin…..you joined before me LOL…..
I would be interested in photos of the garden layout if you have any. My brother in law is a garden railway enthusiast, in 16mm narrow gauge steam. I assume yours is LGB?

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
AN HI Martin welcome an yes you jioned way before me just wonder why you dint introduce self then an you the same age as me as i wil be 69 in dec an we both like the same things enjoy the forum
chris

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Martin,
hello - I won't say welcome 'cos you've been here longer than I have! I spent a year at South Shields Marine & Technical college & years later, many months in Sunderland, standing by a ship being built. I still remember some good nights out at the Marsden Grotto, and some pretty dire ones at the Shoreline in South Shields!
Dave

First Name
Martin
Hiya
Belated welcome Martin…..you joined before me LOL…..
I would be interested in photos of the garden layout if you have any. My brother in law is a garden railway enthusiast, in 16mm narrow gauge steam. I assume yours is LGB?
Yes, it’s LGB with some Piko stock. I will sort some photos out

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Welcome aboard Martin

Cracking site you have joined!

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Man...you guys are old :smiling5: I'm reaching the big Six-O this September. Hi Martin...long hibernation I see. Like to see your 35's.

Cheers,
Richard

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Man...you guys are old :smiling5: I'm reaching the big Six-O this September. Hi Martin...long hibernation I see. Like to see your 35's.

Cheers,
Richard
Only 1 yr behind me sir!

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Good to hear from you Martin.....is your loft Railroad HO scale?........love to see some pics. of that as well.
Rick H.

D

Deleted member 5496

Welcome Martin you young man you . ;) Wait until 82 appears on the birthday cards. :rolling:

Engineering. Does that mean Martin you will be modelling in the train dept or other.

Look forward to seeing your work.

Laurie

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Welcome Martin.