Hello!

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
I've been eyeing up some armour, and can't decide what to do as a first build. They seem to be a bit pricier than the planes so want to make sure I get a good kit!
You can get some pretty reasonable ones - early Tamiya ones are a good starting point. Nothing flash but nice easy builds.

Also, as he's only 8 have a look at some of the quick-build kits in the smaller scales.... Watch out though as some are basically glorified Lego.

Will drop you a private message later this week.

adt70hk

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Ah brilliant thank you. He was distracted by some warhammer so thats his current onproject but I'm making a little wish list of models that we can get into. I'm trying to tell myself to calm down and not order this... https://www.tamiya.com/english/products/32601/index.htm
Just realised you're not currently an forum supporter..... So can't send you a PM...... I'm not sure if you're planning to sign up yet but for £10 a year it's very good value for money, the fact that you get a 5% discount off at the store as a result of supporting is completely coincidental!! ;) :smiling5:

adt70hk

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
5%.... Let me just bring up that wishlist...
And John is very competitive to begin with..... And you only need to spend £200 to get your money back each year!

• Haha
Reactions: JR
First Name
Joel
Next time I'm buying a model I'll get signed up here as well. Want to get my skytrain going before I order another set but I've a list of paints I need for the skytrain. Does the online shop do window masks for specific kits?

adt70hk

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Next time I'm buying a model I'll get signed up here as well. Want to get my skytrain going before I order another set but I've a list of paints I need for the skytrain. Does the online shop do window masks for specific kits?
To be honest I don't know if John (the owner) does masks or if so what ones. It won't take long to find them though if he does.

Airborne01

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Probably made blatant mistakes that will have the pro's here snapping sprues in a fit of rage.

Also, that antenna... Must have broken it at least 10 times on the Spitfire.
If there are any 'Pro's' here then they won't be so judgemental! There is, however, a very wide range of talent(s) that are more than happy to share their wisdom and expertise with you - all in the continuance of the hobby of course! Mind you, participation in the banter is almost 'de rigeur'! Welcome, good to 'see' another new face!
Steve

adt70hk

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Behave Andrew - that took me 20 minutes on the Internet to compose that! :smiling5:
Steve
That's quicker than I would have been!!!

Now THE big question is...... how long before we introduce him to Matron..... :surprised: :tired: :sad:

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
WELL guys i think warn him as he dont want matron sneakin up on him so give him a chance lol an i wonder if J/R will put on a pic to show whats what ?
chrisb