HELP 1:35th scale rail road accessories!

T

tommy1drop

Hi Guys

I`m after some much needed advice, i am thinking of building a diorama in 1:35th scale using rail road tracks, and i was hoping to find out if there are any suppliers/shops that stock rail road accessories in 1:35th scale.

Does anyone know where i can get any accessories in 1:35th scale and is there a selection of these in that particular scale, any pointers in the right direction would be of help.

Thanks

Tom

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
I guess it's rolling stock you are after then..

You need to look for "1 Scale". That the closest you will get. It is = to 1/32 Scale.

Ian M

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
I think you will be hard pushed to find anything much in the way of 1/35 trackside accessories....

Does it have to be 1/35 scale? 'cos there is loads of 1/72-OO/HO stuff around, both rolling stock and buildings.

Ron

O

Oscarwray

Found this while browsing for some things for a dio. Hope it helps

1:35 Railroad Section #1124

-Oscar

T

tommy1drop

Hi Guys

Thanks for that, i have now decided to re-think the scene and i am shelving it for the time being, you would think that some of the bigger established companies would bring out some accessories especially Trumpeter?

But hopefully things like these will eventually appear on the shelfs, thanks Oscar the link is spot on and there are some great items on there......made me look at the different possibilities you can achieve with some of the products listed on there.

Tom

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Trumpeter also sell railway track. I think there is a meter per set.

What kind of things are you looking for? I know that Trumpeter do quite a bit of Armour related railroad stuff.

Ian M

T

tommy1drop

Hi Ian

I have just managed to get myself a bargain from he-bay, i bought the Custom Dioramics cd-132 Railroad Set for £8.99 all in, it was delivered today, cracking set of tracks!

Happy chappy now, thing is im starting to think of different scenes that i can use this for, and that Mini Art goods shed is looking really good at the moment!

View attachment 31591

View attachment 36613

railroad tracks 001.jpg

N

noble

Hi Tom have you tried scratch building some of the items that you would need in 1/35? this could be good fun and a great learning experience. Right now i am having to scratch build a Vogele turntable for my 1/35 leopold build. All you really need is some good photos of what you need then work on a list of materials needed, not an easy task but more satisfying than paying full shop prices. Trumpeter do sell railway track in 1 metre lengths and i also have a turntable section that came with my leopold that i will not use if you want it pm me and i'll send it to you. Hope this is helpful.

scott

T

tommy1drop

Hi Scott

Thanks for that, i would love to take you up on the offer of the turn table, if its still available, i m seriously thinking of scratch building some items........what of though, i am undecided.

But i shall be trying to get as much info as i can as ref, once again mate much apppreciated.

Tom

ps PM sent

J

John Huggins

Hi Tommy, i am thinking of putting a rail track in my winter GB but i need to know how wide the track's need to be so i get the right scale 1.35 i will build my own tracks so i dont need to bother looking around for it.

any help would with this would be cool.

Thanks in advance.

John

T

tommy1drop

Hi John

I really do apologise for the delay in replying to your question, sorry mate, in regards to your question about the measurements i have taken a measurement from a kit i have Trumpeter 1:35th scale, that was sent to me by Scott(Noble)thanks mate.

The rail tracks are showing them to be 285mm long or 11 1/4" or 28.4 cm long and they are approx 5mm in depth top to bottom, and the distance between the tracks is approx 48mm outside edge this is whilst they are sitting on the sleepers.

I hope this is of help to you John and again i really do apologise in the time taken to reply to you, please feel free to ask if there is anything that i can help you with and i will make sure i answer it faster.

Tom

Last edited:
J

John Huggins

Thanks Tom,

This is what i needed as i will save it for future ref as i have had to change the layout of my winter GB.

Thanks again Tom

John

T

tommy1drop

No problem John glad i could be of help.

All the best mate

Tom