Help compressor issues

peterairfix

SMF Supporter
First Name
peter
I just given my compressor a service worked fine before and now I have reassemble it it no longer fills with air I have looked at you tube videos but I can't see were I have gone wrong I have a weak delivery of air at the airbrush but that's all it's been running for five minutes but still nothing hellllpppp!!!

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
You getting a trickle coming out of the tank before the pipe? What items in this 'service'did you remove/refit? Is there a chance you've put one in back to front. Dos the compressor 'sound normal' when running?

peterairfix

SMF Supporter
First Name
peter
What items in this 'service'did you remove/refit?
I just took the cylinder head off and cleaned the moisture and drained the tank of water and nothing else the piece of metal that is on the cylinder is it meant the flat against the hole?

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
There wasn't a gasket/seal between the cylinder head and tank?

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
The brass coloured thin piece of metal which is held in place with a screw needs to lay flat and central over the hole at the other end. If it is slightly curved turn it over.
I think :smiling:

D

Deleted member 7181

I'm sure you know the moral of this story by now Peter, but drain the tank daily if at all possible.

Mine is starting to make a weird noise, it used to be super quiet, so I think it's time to take the head off again and have a look-see.