Help needed with decals. Sorted.

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Hi guys. I have the old Italeri 1/48 Hercules gunship which seems to be creeping its way to the top of my build list. I checked it out and found that the decals are very poor and have started to perish.

Does anyone know if there are A/M decals available for this version? (I have seen decals for other versions but I'd really like to make the one I have).

Last edited:

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Hi Dave. Superscale and Microscale both did a sheets for the 1/48 AC-130 earlier versions. The AC-130U is the later version and there are sheets available for that too.

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Thanks Joe. I'll see what I can dig up.

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
I'm looking forward to seeing your gunship built Dave. I have the Revell AC-47D in the stash.
Pete

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
No luck with the decals yet so you may still have a long wait Pete. I did manage to find some masks though.

Richard48

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
No luck with the decals yet so you may still have a long wait Pete. I did manage to find some masks though.
If you go on youtube you will see a great build up of the Hercy gunship by Peris models.Worth a look fella.
Richard.

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
If you go on youtube you will see a great build up of the Hercy gunship by Peris models.Worth a look fella.
Richard.

Watching that video is what brought my kit to the top of my build list!

Archetype

FAA plane builder
First Name
Chris
I had a look around for some AC-130 decals and couldn't find them in any of the obvious places.

Good luck with the search.

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
I've seen decals for a variety of C-130 variants, but none for the gunship. Think I'll try to contact Italeri direct - maybe they'll have some.

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Dave

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Good find Joe! Alas, Mustang Hobbies show this as 'out of stock', but at least I got a product number. So far I've tried about 30 stores which sell Superscale decals (why do so many stores make it impossible to search for specific items?) and none have this set. I'll keep trying though.

I have contacted Italeri direct, but I'm still waiting for a reply.

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Sorted!

Italeri got back to me this morning to say they had the decals in stock. Ordered and on their way.

Thanks for the help guys.

PS One for the mods perhaps. Is there any way I can edit the title to say I've sorted the problem to stop others using their valuable time trying to find them?

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI Dave could you put on a link to the herc build on utube please ?
chris

D

Deleted member 7181

PS One for the mods perhaps. Is there any way I can edit the title to say I've sorted the problem to stop others using their valuable time trying to find them?
If you hit the edit button on your first post you may be able to edit the title yourself.

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
HI Dave could you put on a link to the herc build on utube please ?
chris

Far too complicated for a simple chap like me Chris! I'm still learning how to use this site properly and I've been here for 10 years! When I do start though, probably today or tomorrow, I'll do a build log of some description on here.

I will say I've done some test fitting of parts and although there's a fair amount of clean up of flash and mould seams needed, once that's done, the fit is absolutely superb. At least as good as Tamiya so I don't anticipate any problems apart from the sheer size of the thing.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
OK Dave no probs I would not be able to either putting on a link as I find these computers complicated

D

Deleted member 7181

OK Dave no probs I would not be able to either putting on a link as I find these computers complicated
I searched YouTube for "italeri Hercules" and it came up with a few suggestions. The one by Peri's Models from a year ago was a good watch, if that isn't the same one mentioned above.

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
I searched YouTube for "italeri Hercules" and it came up with a few suggestions. The one by Peri's Models from a year ago was a good watch, if that isn't the same one mentioned above.

It was Peri's build that pushed this to the top of my list. I was very impressed but I'm not sure about painting the entire interior black. I'm no expert so I don't know if he's right, but I'll be using a light grey for mine since most of the few pictures I have seen show light grey interiors.