Help needed with regards to a booth and natural light?

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Morning all

On the bum again!!

I am after advice ref the correct position of my spray booth in relation to natural light?

I use my horrible garage with the booth on a recycled bit of kitchen worktop. Its at a angle, about 30 degress to a widow which is next door to the worktop.

The rear of the booth faces the garage door. This is normally almost closed to keep out wind and dirt.

Any help out there folks

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Morning Bob,
Everyone and there cat will have recommendations on lighting up your booth area ranging from mega expensive to dirt cheap home made stuff.
Get yourself over to YouTube and search spray booth lighting, I saw several videos showing booths with built in lights and so on.
Good luck and may the force be with you ;)

Steven000

WWII and nuts.
SMF Supporter
First Name
Steven
I actually always close the blinds when I'm airbrushing :smiling6: ...
because I like my lighting to be consistent, I use a LED work-light on top of my spray booth.
It's a cheap 10W, 3700k, 700LM work-light, which works for me but you might want to look out for something a bit larger/brighter.
A descent fluoresce tube will work great too imho.

Spraybooth_026b.jpg

Natural lighting is the best if you are outside, but not if you're in a building (imho), then you get too much shadows from the walls...
Kind regards :thumb2:
Steven

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
I agree with led work task lighting. Generates good consistent light, gives proper colour shift, and is not influenced by the internal decor. It also doesn’t generate much heat, though you might want it too in a garage LOL. Just get a daylight colour temperature light, fit it like Steve has above, and you are sorted.

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Have just fitted a strip of the sewing machine led and its better but being so close to the window will have to experiment

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
That should be 6500k then I would think Bob. Does it say anywhere ?
Can we have some photos tomorrow please.
Do you have a strip light in the garage as well, you can get daylight tubes for them as well .

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
That should be 6500k then I would think Bob. Does it say anywhere ?
Can we have some photos tomorrow please.
Do you have a strip light in the garage as well, you can get daylight tubes for them as well .
Well everything is bl**dy going wrong, messed about today with booth and position, lighting etc. Then tried some spraying to see how it goes, after 5 mins the extractor motor, slowed down, stopped followed by a nice burning smell:sad: its a old one but, the gods have it in for me!

This follows after my beautiful tabby cat died yesterday, that has really devistated us both. Cried and cried some more!¥

So need a new booth, whats next to go wrong, i really give up.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
I know exactly how you feel Bob. I have two, one of whom is twenty and getting closer to the rainbow bridge. I absolutely dread the day, but know it has to come eventually.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Bob
Sorry about the loss of your friend. I fully understand how devastating the loss of a pet can be.
Jim

D

Deleted member 5496

Well one things that can be said Bob is you have deep feelings & that is nice although deeply upsetting at these times.

When our German Shepherd was unwell, just 8 years old she was a true friend, the day before she left us I took our Lab. on the beach & as walking along the waters edge just cried & cried. I just knew it was her last day. Your dogs & cats just get very deeply into your soul.

Laurie

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Bob

Very sorry to hear about your loss.

ATB

Andrew

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Well one things that can be said Bob is you have deep feelings & that is nice although deeply upsetting at these times.

When our German Shepherd was unwell, just 8 years old she was a true friend, the day before she left us I took our Lab. on the beach & as walking along the waters edge just cried & cried. I just knew it was her last day. Your dogs & cats just get very deeply into your soul.

Laurie
Very, very true Laurie

All ours are from rescue centres and in many cases have had the most appalling treatment, so we love them, spoil them and show them HOW they should be treated and they love us back. When they leave it breaks my heart.

Every.time this happens we both say NO more as its too painful BUT everytime we go and give another beauty a chance, so watch out

Bob