Help on colour please

G

gillieman

I'm in the process of painting a Sherman Calliope, so far i've primed it, shading and gave it its first colour of Olive drab!! the problem is it looks to green and looks to new if you know what i mean.

I was looking in a mag of a M10 which he painted green then added 2 more coates a lighter green and a Africa Corp grey/brown.

Any ideas welcome please.

S

sprayman

Try a touch of Tamiya XF-60 Dark yellow, in your olive drab, about 5:1 drab to to D/yellow, then a very light and heavy thinned (maybe 60% thinner)overcoat of a mix of Tamiya XF-56 buff with the Olive drab, same ratio 5:1, with light random passes.

Test it on scrap first Nige, I dont want you to ruin your original paint job. Dont commit to it yet Nige, many guys on here build Shermans and may have better advice.

Last edited:
F

Ferrets Bueller

Nige has vallejo air so you will need to uuse your converter to look at the appropriate colour iin vllejo

G

gillieman

Right i've just sprayed my sherman again using vallejo olive drab and a mixed of skin flesh tone and i must say it looks really good!! thanks very much for the advice well happy with the results.

Cheers Nige