Help or am i being lazy

David Lovell

SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Many moons ago I built the hobbyboss 223 armoured car funk wagon thing this was heavily embellished with a photo etch set even down to the spring clip racks for the stick grenades on the inside talking to some of the club lads(socially distanced across the internet) I said how I'd learned a lot since then and wouldn't mind another stab at it ,the kit is easy enough to find but struggling finding the etch I honestly cant recall if it was aber or eduard pretty sure it wasn't hauler I've trolled through pages of it but keep coming up blank.20200701_135650.jpg
If anybody knows of a site where it tells you the what and wheres for of each kit I'd be much obliged. Dave

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Well done that man I shall have to start saving my pocket money ,I think it might be nice to revisit this one many thanks Steve.
David he has a photographic memory for these things!
That model looked really good that you showed .

David Lovell

SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Sadly it seems the etch set is no longer in production even eduard themselves haven't got it in stock ,it is to cost prohibitive to purchase from the states plus you run the gauntlet with customs so thinking cap back on I just fancied a holiday away from the 4BO

KarlW

Mediocre modeller extraodinaire.
SMF Supporter
First Name
Karl
Nothing worse than knowing the etch existed but is now all gone.......

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Sadly it seems the etch set is no longer in production even eduard themselves haven't got it in stock ,it is to cost prohibitive to purchase from the states plus you run the gauntlet with customs so thinking cap back on I just fancied a holiday away from the 4BO
David how could you say such a thing " A holiday away from 4BO" .
Have you no shame :nerd::hungry:

David Lovell

SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Gary many thanks will phone them tomorrow as says it's in stock try to purchase and it says unavailable will let you know the result many thanks Dave

SimonT

Rest in Peace
Rest In Peace
First Name
Simon
Hi Dave

Pity they are now OOP - I have three of the HB 22x cars in the stash
Mind you, probably a good thing as that etch set is not cheap - it will force me to make my own bits

Currently have a Tamiya 223 on the go

Good luck with the hunt

David Lovell

SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Gary they were out of stock ,Dave thanks for your help but I think with this one now I might change track and go for one of the ICM panhards ,thanks to all who have helped but I'll keep this dream in the pipe for now. Dave

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
David,
The ICM Panhards are very nice models, You have a complete interior, which you can actually see, as there are plenty of hatches you can leave open - I did the Command version, which has large aerials & extra wireless sets. Oddly enough the ICM model has been reboxed not only by Revell, but by Tamiya as well - at a higher price!
Dave