Help the Fledglings in your area.

wonwinglo

SMF Supporter
First Name
Barry
Today I spent a very pleasant few hours helping the youngsters in the local Junior model group,I had heard about the group and armed with a few models to show them and a few tools and a kit to build up myself went along to see what they were building,one youngster was building up a B-17 painting up the interior,another was making a rather outlandish kit for some strange pre-historic creature,one was building a small working tank and was struggling to get the gears meshing,a young girl was neatly building a F-18 and duly lost the instrument panel on the floor ! all good stuff and above all getting the young interested in modelling,it does not really matter what subjects they pick as long as it gets them using their hands again.

It struck me that throughout the land we have thousands of similar youngsters some perhaps struggling to get to grips with tiny parts and dripping glue tubes,so why not try and help them out ? believe me you get a real buzz out of assisting them and who knows they could even go onto greater things in model building ? if model building has been your life and you feel that putting something back is a good idea then why not help the Fledglings in your area and devote a few hours to our wonderful hobby helping them out ?