Help with airbrush buying.... pls

T

The Doctor 46

Hi, im new to this airbrushing lark and understand you need half decent equiptment to carry out the task. My tasks however are to do two ships and then further venture into the world of modelling. I have seen a few posts on this and other sites relating to the AS186 compressor and am thinking of flirting with hard earned pennies. I have seen this and would like an opinion of you guys that actually do it. I understand that the airbrushes are probably kak so therefore will get rid and buy a half decent one, namely the spraymaster bd wotever with 3 different cups dual action thingy bobby.

You help would be appreciated thanks

AS186 COMPLETE AIRBRUSH KIT + COMPRESSOR WITH TANK on eBay (end time 05-Apr-11 17:42:15 BST)

M

msm2

Hi again. I have this kit and have used it for a few months now and have had no problem with compressor. I did upgrade the airbrush after a while. Check some of my threads to see the results. Have fun.

Post 1000.

First Name
Ty
I have the North American version of this compressor that I bought through TCP Global and I love it. Very quiet and easy to dial in the pressure. Oh and did I mention quiet. Mine was a combo deal as well and came with an Iwata HP-C Plus. Fantastic all around airbrush. I have since purchased an Iwata Custom Micron for detail work but I still use the C plus for most of my spraying.

M

m1ks

The compressor should be perfectly fine, the brushes also, I have a similar setup and use the brushes still, my compressor is the one without the tank but otherwise the same.

I'd say buy it and try it before deciding you need another AB, you'll likely be surprised at how good they are.

I also have one of the Spraymaster brushes you mention, there are a couple of things to bear in mind, though it has teflon seals like all the Iwata knock offs it has a rubber seal on the nozzle, the tip won't seal without this on mine making spraying lacquer, (cellulose) a risk, also the removable cups while good in that they are easy to clean they tend to get paint creeping up the threads and can get a bit messy, these also have a rubber seal.

The build quality is far superior and more solid than the cheap chinese brush which came with the compressor, it ust feels more solid in the hand.

The cheap one though, has a nozle which seals without the rubber seal and has teflon seal meaning it can be safely used for spraying lacquers, (cellulose).

Have a look at spraymasters other brushes, they do have a nice range.