Help with seams if poss

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Afternoon

Almost ready to prime the 109. Now a question do you fill every seam, ie tailplanes to fuselage, engine cowls etc??

Filled the main ones but not sure ref the others

Never had this problem with the Stug lol

Thanks in advance bob

Steven000

WWII and nuts.
SMF Supporter
First Name
Steven
In general you want to fill any gaps or seams that are not visible on the real plane...

It might be helpful to post a picture of your model and seams.

Cheers,
Steven

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Do a check to see if a joint falls on a panel line, if it does, don't fill it ( unless you can get a finger in it! ). A quick search on Google images for the 109 should give you an idea of where gaps should, and shouldn't appear. I normally use Perfect Plastic Putty , scraping it into the seam, waiting for about 10 minutes or so, then clean along the joint with a wet cotton bud ( or wet finger! ). That way you shouldn't need any clean up before painting ( if you're careful )
Dave

M

Morlock

I try my best not to use filler at all as I find it just creates more work than anything else. After the preliminary sand with light guage sandpaper to the seam line which I do with water applied. I use a nail buffer also by using water on the seam line.

I find this makes the seam line invisible or near invisible and saves the rigmarole of making a mess with putty etc.

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Will do Steve

Thanks Dave, appreciated. I am using that putty and the bud clean up, works very well. Many thanks bob

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
Found some photos and think i have done a bit too much, but will leave and see after its primed.

Thanks to you all, its appreciated

Bob