Henschel HS 123 1/48 Italeri

saguy

A true Leeds Utd fan ............
SMF Supporter
First Name
lindsey
Hello folks ....... was looking at my Sta ... (can't call it a stash as i only have 3 models ...:smiling3:) .... i had a Henschel HS 123 there .... a super looking little bi plane used extensively in WW2. Basically they were used by the Germans until there were none left ..... anyhows here is my attempt. I decided that a winter camo scheme would be the order of the day and then heavily weather beaten and ultra tired looking .... i mean this asset has been parked in Russia for a good few months ..... i made numerous errors but at the end of the day i am relatively happy .... cheers and thks for having a look!!h1.JPGh2.JPGh3.JPGh4.JPGh5.JPGh6.JPGh7.JPGh8.JPGh9.JPGh10.JPG

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Lindsey,
very nice - that looks about right! - winter camouflage is exceedingly difficult - I've tried several times, but never really happy with my finishes. I was always going back over parts, either it was too clean, or too dirty! Part of the problem, I think is never having seen anything like it in the flesh!
Dave

saguy

A true Leeds Utd fan ............
SMF Supporter
First Name
lindsey
Lindsey,
very nice - that looks about right! - winter camouflage is exceedingly difficult - I've tried several times, but never really happy with my finishes. I was always going back over parts, either it was too clean, or too dirty! Part of the problem, I think is never having seen anything like it in the flesh!
Dave
Thk you .... took a bit of inspiration from this model ... this guy got it bang on i think .....

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Fantastic job lindsay , perfectly whitewashed and weathered, its a fabulous aircraft too , outdated for most of its service but still performing a useful job until nearly the wars end, cheers tony

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Very nice. A winter camouflage is something I have yet to try. You've done a great job here.