Here’s one I made earlier......

First Name
Wouter
A day of bad weather down here on the West Sussex coast yesterday so I was up in the attic rummaging about in the stash/built kit boxes.
Then I had the brainwave to lay them all out! then I thought “ I know, I’ll take a few pictures”....so I did.
Can’t believe that this was all I’ve built in the 10 yrs since I started making models:thinking:

View attachment 352954

There are another 5 or 6 that either being built or are waiting to go on bases. A quick bit of maths says I’m averaging 1 kit every 2 and a half months. So easily have enough in the the stash to last another 10 yrs:smiling5:

If you’d like to see anything in a bit more detail or want to now what the kit is, give me a shout.
You built all THAT in 10 years? My haul seams quite meagre in comparison to you chap :D I think I started modelling at about the same time as you but I havent' built not even half of that :tongue-out3: :astonished:. Good to see a nice variety mate.

Cheers

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Hi Si
I'm another who does not seem to have a lot to show since taking up the hobby 9 years ago. Although I DO have a lot to show when it comes to pots of stuff guaranteed to produce stunning results (in someone else's hands!), eBay bargains that were just too good to miss and boxes full of junk that I'm sure will be useful some day. Ah well cheaper than beer and loose women and tolerated by the missus.
Quite a collection you have there including a car and sci-fi. You need a ship build now?
Jim

Hi Jim,
I have flyhawks HMS Campbeltown on the Christmas/birthday list so might be lucky this year :thinking:

I think as hobby’s go, model making is not not so bad. My mate goes fishing and regularly spends hundreds on equipment, lake fees, camping stuff and consumable items....and a lot of the time he catches nothing:smiling5:

You built all THAT in 10 years? My haul seams quite meagre in comparison to you chap :D I think I started modelling at about the same time as you but I havent' built not even half of that :tongue-out3: :astonished:. Good to see a nice variety mate.

Cheers
Hi Wouts,
Ok so I’ve built more....but my builds aren’t good enough to get published in magazines!! Quantity over quality in my case:smiling5:.

First Name
Wouter
Hi Wouts,
Ok so I’ve built more....but my builds aren’t good enough to get published in magazines!! Quantity over quality in my case:smiling5:.
Bit harsh on yourself bud, I've seen quality builds of yours coming out last couple of years, liked the Tomcat, even with the upside down decals ^^

Cheers

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Nice collection Si. By my count that comes out to almost 5 models a year. Not bad. Cheers, Rick H.

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Bit harsh on yourself bud, I've seen quality builds of yours coming out last couple of years, liked the Tomcat, even with the upside down decals ^^

Cheers
Ok so I’ve built a few that have turned out better than I imagined....more luck than skill mate

Nice collection Si. By my count that comes out to almost 5 models a year. Not bad. Cheers, Rick H.
Cheers Rick,
I need to increase the build numbers then....currently they arrive quicker than they get finished :flushed:

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Si

That's a nice little haul there, not to mention a lot of great work. :smiling:

Well done!!

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Si

That's a nice little haul there, not to mention a lot of great work. :smiling:

Well done!!
Welcome to the forum Andrew.
All mad here and friendly.

Sorry Si, didn't think you would mind, but I've not seen Andrew on here before .

adt70hk

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew

Sorry Si, didn't think you would mind, but I've not seen Andrew on here before .
John

Thx for the welcome. Yes I am new. Si invited me but I've not yet had time to say hello properly. Will try and do so tomorrow!!

Last edited:

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si

Hi john,
Of course I don’t mind at all mate :blow-kiss: :smiling5:!

John

Thx for the welcome. Yes I am new. Si invited me but I've not yet had time to say hello properly. Will try and do so tomorrow!!
Glad you found us ok Andrew.....Bob (Mr StuG) is round here too....probably eating a pot noodle somewhere :smiling5:
Appreciate your kind appraisal of my stuff :thumb2:

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
A little something I built during the week to break the monotony of assembling tracks for a Tiger I ....

This is Eduards 1:144th MiG-21 SMT. A really nice little build at around 100mm long and there are two in the box so I will try cammo paintwork for the second one.
B3CC17D6-79D0-425B-8940-321C87988CAB.jpeg

The runway type base was made from a piece of high density foam board and some static grass applied with my homemade gizmo....
DF422960-5655-47C1-B4C0-EED390830AB3.jpegAF5F706D-48F0-4DA6-A7C0-D3B3CBC664C1.jpeg

Lost count of how many time I knock the pitot mast off the front:smiling5:

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
That is a great result and in a sub braille scale to boot! One could split a quart can down the middle and come up with a perfect scramble hangar for the ready launch line.
Cheers, Rick H.

adt70hk

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Well done Si. Looks very nice indeed.

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Evening all,
I couldn’t resist building this little kubelwagen the postie dropped off on Saturday...

84C74237-AAD0-4748-8099-B6C6AB019102.jpeg

58E848C3-2953-4C6E-B15E-4827FDA9623B.jpeg5FEF6851-DCEE-4EED-BB25-1DCDC8F9BD28.jpeg2CF7EBEE-447E-4BF2-BA0E-6C6F3A31C865.jpeg

Had never heard of the manufacturer before but I must say for under £9.....it’s not a bad kit if you want something that looks like a kublewagen :thumb2:

It does have a couple of niggles. The shovel mounting point was off and is missing the mudguard support bracket.

The front tyre on the bonnet needs modifications as it should sit flush on its mount, but there is quite a lot of space between the two.

The front wheels protrude past the tyre on the inside edge. All sortable if you want to.
A recommended kit for the price.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Nice one Si, Will you dio it up or base it? Rick H.