Hi all from a newbie in sunny UK...

First Name
Antony
Welcome to the friendliest forum on the internet Antony - I'm an E-type fan as well, but never built one bigger than 1:24.
Pete
I kept looking at the 1:24 version, but considered my 'mind of their own' fingers would end up in knots, attempting one. The 1:8 suddenly appeared - cheapish - at Xmas and so I grabbed it... and when I finally opened the box the tummy bubbles started. :worried:

First Name
Antony
Antony,
welcome to the forum - asking questions? absolutely no problem, if one of us doesn't know the answer - somebody else will know where to find it! All genres covered!
Dave
Cheers. I have a few parts missing from the Jaguar kit - although I could probably be fashioning them myself - but I might be asking, here, what Revell are like at handing out missing parts from these older model kits. I took a peak at their on-line set up and it looks like a huge Corporate (:sad:) caboodle now!

First Name
Antony
Welcome to the forum Antony.
In a nut shell: If you cant get an answer on here, there isn't one! lol
Think the E-type was a very good looking car.... until you put a lid on it. To me it's one of the few cars that look great as a cabriolet but a bit odd with a hard top.
Jaguar type D now that was sexy!
There are quite a few oldie Jag classics that are truly jaw dropping - oh yeah.

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Cheers. I have a few parts missing from the Jaguar kit - although I could probably be fashioning them myself - but I might be asking, here, what Revell are like at handing out missing parts from these older model kits. I took a peak at their on-line set up and it looks like a huge Corporate (:sad:) caboodle now!
Antony,
service used to be good, although since Brexit things seem to have become more complicated. I got asked to pay for replacement parts - and postage, which made the bits almost as expensive as a new model! Still, you can only try....................
Dave

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Welcome to the Zoo Antony......we have Moggies and tweety birds and sometimes insects and spiders! Not to mention all the Horticulture, gardening and outright Farming.......oh, we also do a bit of scale modeling on the side!! :tongue-out3: :tongue-out: :tongue-out2: ;) :thumb2: Rick H.

First Name
Antony
Thanks for all your kindly responses everyone. I'll try starting a thread for my Jag 1/8 build after I've first created a small light tent (only white paper) to give nice even lighting - me hopes! I've been spraying for the past three weeks - spent two days recently spraying ONLY the four rear shock absorber/spring units :cold-sweat: as I used three colours that all needed masking off - and used plumbers, is it PTFT (always get this the wrong way round), tape to mask off the inner while I coated the rest. Bit Heat Robinson but it seems to have done the trick. I do like/prefer simply grabbing hold of 'stuff' in the shed or garage and using rather than purchasing nice new shiny EXPENSIVE sometimes over-rated products.

I'll try adding a few of the scale Dalek pics - even though it was full scale...

:smiling4:

Z112.jpgZ149.jpg

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
PTFE plumbers' tape? That's a great idea, much more flexible than masking tape.
Pete

First Name
Antony
Exterminate, exterminate!!
That is superb.
Jim

Cheers, Jim... The result of 15-months of blood, sweat and tears. Zek went on to star in two Dr Who exhibitions over 10-years ago, at Hitchin and Hartford museums. And although more exhibitions got in touch to use Zek, the damage he/it uncured through negligent un-caring curators and the like had me following what most full sized Dalek builders at the time suggested: not letting exhibitions get their selfish mitts on fan builds. On one return of Zek from Hitchin exhibition in a low drop wagon the dumbos who delivered him back forgot to tether him off inside the wagon (too much education and thought control) and the poor blighter simply toppled over, causing much damage of the neck rings and a totally smashed eyepiece/stick, that took about a month alone to build in the first place. The rock star (a really lovely guy, a Mark Bolan lookalike) wanted to take Zek on stage with him, but sadly, he never reached that juncture. Zek now resides in leafy Wales somewhere, hopefully terrifying the neighbourhood. Apparently, Zek has around six other Daleks to keep him company - in the same house :astonished: - and so at least he should be feeling at home, rather than stuck in my garage zapping annoying spiders.
:smiling5:

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
WELL Antony yes you go to all that trouble to build something as great as you have done an then put it in an exhibition an it gets damagerd by people who have no idea on how much work went into createing this wonderfull full size model they just dont care as i had this happen but my problem was people not taking any notice of the please do not touch sign when i put my big aircraft carrier nimitz in a show over the wk end as some idiot had treid to pick up one of the planes off the deck an they broke the wings on it would love to have been there when they did that Aaaaaaaaaaaacccccchhhhhhhhhh an jen would have well im not sayin what she would have said but it would not have been very pleasant but i know how you feel BUT A WONDERFULL BUILD OF DR WHO'S ARCH ENMY
ATB
chris b PS JUST WONDERED DID HE WORK AN LIGHT UP AN VOICE ?

Last edited:

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Great job on one of Skaro’s finest there Anthony. Hope you made the curators and hauliers pay through the nose as well, because I certainly would have :thumb2:

First Name
Antony
Great job on one of Skaro’s finest there Anthony. Hope you made the curators and hauliers pay through the nose as well, because I certainly would have :thumb2:

Back then I was all in for charities that might utilise the Kaled mutant shell called Zek to further their cause - way before my researching found more recently that 90-odd% of '''charities''' were fast becoming money trains for greedy CEO's and organised crime groups - and so only asked that they might add some cash to whatever charity (my regular was the Wishing Well appeal) they felt worthy for any damage... and did they ever do this? NO!
Peeps on the forum (Project Dalek) that helped me build Zek did keep asking me not to loan out your hard earned prop to such outlets - but did I listen.. The hauliers were the curators, and their brain dead entourage from uni...
One curator lass at the first Dr Who exhibition location who got in touch after I'd decided no more got the right hump with me, for turning her down, trying to guilt-trip me into believing I was turning my back in a charitable cause. Lining their own pockets - I reckon. Grrrrrr

:upside:

First Name
Antony
WELL Antony yes you go to all that trouble to build something as great as you have done an then put it in an exhibition an it gets damagerd by people who have no idea on how much work went into createing this wonderfull full size model they just dont care as i had this happen but my problem was people not taking any notice of the please do not touch sign when i put my big aircraft carrier nimitz in a show over the wk end as some idiot had treid to pick up one of the planes off the deck an they broke the wings on it would love to have been there when they did that Aaaaaaaaaaaacccccchhhhhhhhhh an jen would have well im not sayin what she would have said but it would not have been very pleasant but i know how you feel BUT A WONDERFULL BUILD OF DR WHO'S ARCH ENMY
ATB
chris b PS JUST WONDERED DID HE WORK AN LIGHT UP AN VOICE ?

Yes the eye lens got poked in several times - naughty kids just won't leave be. Plunger also went missing - souvenir hunters maybe. The exhibition curators told me the beast would be fenced off somehow - but it never was. I don't think they care.
Not sure if your asking me or not - but Zek's eye lit up and ears blinked and I had a voice modulator also.