Hi All

Matt.

SMF Supporter
First Name
Matt
Hi, i’m Matt, a relatively new model builder, I started about 1year with some airfix 1/72 scale planes, made about 5, 4 of which ended up in the bin. I have now moved onto 1/48 planes but have only built 1 spitfire (and guess what, this is also now a practice model) I am now building a 1/35 Cromwell Cruiser tank which is near completion and I haven’t yet messed it up but am in a dilemma whether or not to paint the tracks (i’ll Pop some pics up for advice and critism soon).
I’ve browsed this site a few times and got some great tips (many thanks) FD75BE23-4E33-486C-8814-9B6455CE1236.jpegand thought I’d join and introduce myself. I am still learning (the hard way) and have not yet had a go at weathing, that will be my next challenge. I’ve never been a forum member so please bear with me as i’ll Probably mess this up just like the majority of models I start.
Attached is a pic of my only successful (my best attempt anyway) 1/72 attempt of a Beaufighter.
Thanks Matt

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Matt
A warm welcome to a very friendly forum. There are many very skilled and experienced builders here who are only too willing to give advice and help. Very nice looking Beaufighter :thumb2:
Jim

D

Deleted member 4539

Hi Matt and welcome to the forum:smiling3:.
Looking at your picture,you have got the basics done very well.
One thing I will say is do not worry about whether things go right or wrong,just enjoy what you do.
Weathering is an art in itself and can take a lot of practice to get it looking good.The best thing to do is practice practice practice.
All the best.
Ralph.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Great place to be Matt. Welcome to the group!
Cheers, Rick H.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Hi Matt like the other guys say Welcome to the forum im a newbie myself an like you im going to try an have a go at weathering as ive got two big models to build an I would like to get them looking reasonable but im going to practice on a old model firstly.Anyway I hope you enjoy this forum as much as I have as there are some fantastic model build's on here an I have been looking through them an learning how these guys do it an your beaufighter looks spot on to me very nice work an happy new yr to you an yours chris

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Welcome to the forum Matt

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Hi Matt. Look forward to seeing the Cromwell. There are many ways to paint tracks dependant on what they are made of ie plastic, resin, metal or rubber. There are many experienced modellers on the forum who can offer you guidance and advice. Look forward to seeing more of your builds.

Fernando N

Aviation fan and the Roadrunner, meep meep!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Fernando
Hi Matt and welcome to the forum.

Just to echo the others, many friendly folk here to help you out if you need any advice.

No need to worry how things end up when you’ve just started, the most important thing is to have fun.:smiling:

Oh and that’s a very nice looking Beaufighter:thumb2:, looking forward to see more.

dave

SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Hi Matt and welcome.

Weathering is a very personal thing, aim for what you like.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi Matt,
It's a warm welcome from me as well to a very friendly and helpful group of people.

Matt.

SMF Supporter
First Name
Matt
Thanks All for the welcome, i’m sure I’ll get the pics on the Cromwell up soon. Just varnished today, i’m certain I’ll be asking for some advice on the tracks as i’m at a rare stage of nearly complete and not completely messed it up.

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Welcome, Matt,
Like the Beaufighter! You'll find lots of advice here, don't hang back, ask any questions. There's a wide range of modellers here, both in skill & location! I'm a Yorkshireman myself, doing missionary work amongst the heathens ( Gloucestershire ).
Dave

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
welcome to the party

nice beaufighter

look forward to the cromwell

the one thing to remember about making models is that you make them for yourself. as long as you are happy then its all good, dont try to run before you can walk, this place is great to ask questions cos someone will always come along and offer help

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Welcome, welcome, welcome, and a very clean plane it is. Camo came out great. PaulE

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Welcome Matt.
This is with out doubt the best forum to be on. Remember no question is stupid as I've already asked them ! Looking fwd to seeing you around.
John .