Hi all

First Name
Edward
Morning all, brief intro:

I'm Ed, ex-RAF engine man (91-00) worked at (8Sqn EROS) Engine repair and overhaul, (3Sqn) Jag major servicing, and onto (TPF EUTF) RB199 engine test house at Marham. Loved model building in my younger days but not touched a kit for around 30 years. Restarting again having just ordered the Kitty Hawk 1:48 scale Jaguar and have a big list of kits to get through :smiling3:

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
A warm welcome to the forum, Ed.

I think you are very greedy now that you have TWO bridges to use!

Join in and have fun - We do.

Ron

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Ed,
a lot has happened in the last 30 years to the modelling world - new materials, new makers and a choice of subjects that is truly amazing.
There's a wide range of modellers here, and just a query will give you friendly advice & help.
Welcome to the forum!
Dave

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
A warm welcome from Germany from me Ed. Dive in and have some fun. A great bunch of folks here too!!!

Prost
Allen

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI welcome from me as well an just to warn you that i know Mick made a cracking build of his jag an i like very much but i bought one an it was one of the worst fitting kits i ever built an i had to do major surgery on it to get it to fit like mick says it does put up a fight to build an i wont ever buy a k/h kit again
all best chris

Andy the Sheep

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrea
Ed,
a warm welcome from Italy by someone who re-started after 35 years. It's a complete new world, as someone has already pointed out.
Your mentioning the RB199 brought to my memory a Varsity test I had to pass: the input data where those of an endothermic engine and at the end of my calculations the outcomes where so high I thougth I completely failed the test until the day after, when the professor told us we worked on the RB 199 data :cold-sweat:. Of course, my career went in a totally different direction, but that's life...:thinking:.
Welcome again.
Andrea