Hi all

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
And let's all remember that the other forum no longer exists. Having spent far to much time reminding all the new members that this is not and will not be a new Milton, I have no wish to start all over again.
So let's stop mentioning it in every post for the next year.
As I’ve now been actively contributing on here four years I find the description “new members” faintly insulting Ian. Can you please now drop that description.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
As I’ve now been actively contributing on here four years I find the description “new members” faintly insulting Ian. Can you please now drop that description.
But at the time, you were new, it was ment in the past tense. It has been quiet as in no mention of Milton for ages. Now it is popping up in far to many posts again.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
History is History Ian..
You can't just deny it....
... And after all,are any of us mentioning it in a derogatory way?.
Seems to me the comments are praising this site up?!! ;)
Andy
I am not denying it, I just don't want it repeating itself again on here if it can be avoided.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Ian .
Can we just get on and talk modelling please that's all I want to do like most people on here.

I don't like being told not to mention the old forum , the majority of us don't and are more than happy here.
We were grateful to come here and looking through the posts made I notice we play a major part in posting and taking part along with the older members and new members that have joined since .

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Adoi! ...which is an exclamation for "Ouch" in the native language. Looks like the old Mil word is still prickly, I thought it was left in some field to run free. Let's leave it alone and perhaps one day years from now we'll sit around a campfire singing Kumbaya and reminisce.

Yo! Nick, welcome to the forum...same atmosphere different name and you better write it down or Matron...she seems to have monopoly over these chat groups or she follows John R where ever he goes...gives you a jab and into a straight jacket. :tears-of-joy:

It's all fun and banter here with the occasional serious building of kits and remembering who's who...many same names and all not getting any younger. :smiling6: I'll have to pick up my magnifiers again to look at your builds. :smiling2: Good thing you're moving to other scales I see. :thumb2:

NIHO and Cheers,
Richard

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
I can fully understand why a model making forum would not want religion and politics to be discussed. Those are emotive subjects which can so easily descend into polarised, heated argument. This forum is certainly not the place for that.
However to ban the mention of the place where so many of us first met seems over the top censorship.
I have tried to be supportive of the forum, of John, of the hard work done by the moderators and of the work of my fellow modellers.
Nick will be a valued new member of this forum. In this welcome thread he asked if some of us remembered him from the old forum and some of us said we did - that's all.
Jim

Last edited: