Hi, brand new modeller here.

L

Lynchy

Hi!

Nice to e-meet you! I’m Ian, and I’m brand new to modelling.

Was looking for a new hobby, and being a bit of an aviation nut, thought I’d give it a go. Of course, I immediately ran into some issues, and looking for tips led me here, to your fine front door.

Looking forward to a lot of mistakes, mess, and frustration, but (hopefully), improving - and eventually finishing some models of aircraft I love.

I can see there are heaps of great threads and advice here, so I can’t wait to get stuck in!

Cheers,

Ian

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Ian
Welcome to the forum. Model making is a great hobby. Don't be afraid of asking questions. You will get polite, constructive advice.
Jim

L

Lynchy

Thanks, Jim!

Definitely will be asking questions - I'm having a great time just learning the basics, despite making a mess!

Cheers.

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
Hi Ian, welcome to the forum, and don't forget to have fun!
Pete

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Welcome to the forum Ian. We all never stop learning so don't worry

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Welcome Ian.
This is one friendly place to hang your coat up in.
Fire away with any questions, no matter how basic. We all asked them once upon a time.
....and now and then we still make a mess. Don't we boys and girls?

So join in and don't beat yourself up if things don't quite go to plan. They soon will.

Always keep in mind, this model making is fun and don't you forget it either. Got it?!

Ron

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI Ian welcome from me as well to this great forum an I like planes an ships as well but just askin what type of planes you into ? as im into modern jets but there is a great
mixture of likes on here an im a fairly recent newbie here as well. hope you enjoy the forum as much as I am as there are a great an really helpful guys on here

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi Ian,
Welcome aboard you will get plenty of advice and encouragement and we all, no matter how long we have been at the bench improve a little everytime. I look forward to seeing you about the forum.

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Hi Ian,
Welcome to the forum....a lovely place to play mogglin :smiling4:

L

Lynchy

Thanks everyone!

HI Ian welcome from me as well to this great forum an I like planes an ships as well but just askin what type of planes you into ? as im into modern jets but there is a great
mixture of likes on here an im a fairly recent newbie here as well. hope you enjoy the forum as much as I am as there are a great an really helpful guys on here

I'm into aviation in general; so it's planes across the board for me, from props to fast jets.

Military wise, which I imagine most of my models will be, I've always been a fan of unconventionally pretty birds; like the Panavia Tornado, or A-10 Thunderbolt II.

Nice to meet you!

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
welcome

whereabouts in the world are you?

theres no such thing as a stupid question so ask away

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Welcome to the forum. Lots of friendly people and plenty of free advice!
How could one go wrong? Cheers Rick H.

L

Lynchy

welcome

whereabouts in the world are you?

theres no such thing as a stupid question so ask away

England, right on the south coast in Portsmouth. Soon to be in Australia – I'm married to an Aussie, and we're moving back Down Under this summer. Anyone from that side of the world here? Or is it strictly '.co.uk' ?

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Hi Ian and welcome to the forum. Bunch of crazy nuts all of us trying to fit a plane, tank and ship into the house for display just like women will give me the oogles when I say I have a Ferrari at home. :tears-of-joy: It's all about scale but there's no limit when asking questions. Many here will be helpful.

You'll be hitting winter when you get down under...I know Rossco is from there but it's a big country.

Cheers,
Richard

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Or is it strictly '.co.uk' ?

This is a most definitely multi-national forum with members welcome and contributing from all over the world. And it's all the more better for it.

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
women will give me the oogles when I say I have a Ferrari at home. :tears-of-joy: It's all about scale
You missed a perfect opportunity there to say, “size matters” :smiling3:

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Welcome Ian .
Monica and Ross are some of our members from Australia.

This is without doubt the friendlist forum you could whish to join .
When things go wrong just remember it happened and still happens to many of us , and at the end of the day we do it cos it's fun :smiling2:
Looking fwd to seeing you joining in .
John .