Hi Everyone!

First Name
Gyorgy
Hi All,

Beginner here based in London. I have started modelling as a result of a search for a new hobby to pass the lockdown time.
Used to love building models when I was a kid so I thought why not give it an other shot with (hopefully) a bit more patience and better tools :smiling3:
Currently working on my first model (tamiya spitfire 1/72) and I have to admit it is more difficult then i expected / remembered (argh, those brush paint marks.... ) but enjoying it nevertheless. :smiling3:

cheers
Gyorgy

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Welcome to the forum Gyorgy

dave

SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Welcome, like a lot of us who returned to modelling as adults it takes a model or two to get back in to the swing of it, but you will see the improvements with each model.

BattleshipBob

Bob, bob, bobing along!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Bob
A warm welcome Gyorgy

Ask questions, please post, do not be afraid to!!!

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Gyorgy
A warm welcome to a very friendly, helpful forum. I'm sure you will enjoy your time here.
Jim

First Name
Carl
Welcome Gyorgy,
that’s a great model to start with. Like yourself I also took the hobby up again after a very long break. I also started on a 1:72 spitfire which is a great first model to get your teeth into.
As has already been mentioned , don’t worry too much if the first few attempts are far from perfect as each one is a learning curve and perseverance will always pay off n the end.
Just have fun and there are plenty of experienced people on this forum to help if you get stuck.
Carl

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
...and another welcome from me too, Gyorgy.

Join in and have fun!

Ron

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Welcome to the forum gyorgy , have a good look round and feel free to ask anything . Cheers tony

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Welcome to the forum. We might bark a bit but we don't bite.

Bobby Conkers

Sausage Fingers
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Welcome! Same as many of us, a childhood hobby revisited in adulthood. Look forward to seeing what you make of it, and don't be afraid!

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Welcome aboard Gyorgy!

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
I guess I'll make it unanimous.....Welcome Gyorgy, always looking for something new to feast the eyes on...oh by the way if you have any questions, there are plenty of experienced modelers here to help you out or point you in the right direction. Glad you came back to one of the best hobbies in the world. :thumb2:
Rick H.