Hi, Newish modeler depends on how you view a 40 year gap :)

D

dalepgray

I have a 9 year old daughter who likes making things and as I built models in my early teens I went looking for something suitably girly.
2 weeks later I gave up, its definatly a boys sport.
So I bit the bullet and did what I should have done in the first place... I asked her.
I hadn't finished the question before I get "Daddy, I want to build a Tank."
So a Tamiya King Tiger and a load of kit later (I don't do things by half) we are part way through that, but I have built an SAS jeep, and am starting on a MiniArt Middle East Diorama (I stay up later than she does). I'm hooked.

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI Dale welcome to this forum an its great the guys an gals on here are very friendly an helpful hope you enjoy bein on here as much as I do
chris

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Dale
A warm welcome to a very friendly forum. You will find a range of interests and abilities. Very good to hear that you are encouraging a youngster to enjoy this creative hobby.
Jim

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Welcome, welcome, welcome! The more the merrier. PaulE

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Welcome from me too, Dale.
Join in and have fun.

Ron

D

Deleted member 6559

Welcome Dale.

You're very lucky with your daughter. My three kids (and my wife for that matter) have always shown absolutely no interest!

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Welcome to the mad house Dale. Look forward to seeing your work

Steve

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Hi Dale and welcome to the group. I hope you post some progress pics of your builds. We have another modeler on the forum who is modeling airplanes with his grandson. and another who is modeling for his grandson. I'm surprised and glad at the same time for your daughter as she seems to know what she wants at such a tender age. You are a lucky Dad. Cheers, Rick H.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Hi and Welcome! Look forward to seeing what you have been up to.

D

dalepgray

Thank you all for a warm welcome. Progress pictures will be coming looking forward to getting feedback and pointers as I'm just realising how little i know on the subject :smiling3: here is the SAS jeep I've been working on. Not weathered yet, still researching how to do it.

BigGreg

SMF Supporter
First Name
Gregory
Welcome Dale....you will find here useful tips and advices and a very friendly atmosphere...

MikeC

SMF Supporter
Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
Welcome Dale (and daughter), good set of modellers on here, plenty of advice even for the easiest of questions, if you do not know or have forgotten, just ask. Although I must confess there are those that have forgotten what 40 was..... we tend to ignore their ramblings and call a nurse. Cheers, Mike.

MikeC

SMF Supporter
Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
Welcome Dale.

You're very lucky with your daughter. My three kids (and my wife for that matter) have always shown absolutely no interest!
You have that problem as well Peter, Phew! I was going to start modelling in a box.....

PaulTRose

Dazed and confused
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
welcome

try looking up 'girls und panzer' .......she might even like the videos......someone does model kits but cant remember who

she might like all the Toon type stuff too,...theres a GB running on here so you can see what they are like