Hi to everyone

Wobbly Woofer

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
A friend recommended the site and after a brief look I really like the set up. I'm probably going to be regarded as an "oldie" (70 +) I had not built a model since being at school,but with the "lockdown" I decided to pick up a hobby again. I tend to work in 1/35 scale. Ex military. you can probably guess my favourite subjects. Have built a few dios in the last couple of years, Not up to some standards but I think I'm improving, AND I'm enjoying it! Look forward to contibuting something to the group, and getting to know some fellow modellers. Best wishes - Wobbly (Mick)

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Hi Mick,
Welcome to the site... I'm sure you'll find it a very friendly,and nice , place to be :smiling3:
Just slip right in as though you've been here for ages... That's the way it is ;)
Andy

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Mick,
oldie? nah - just well matured! So - 1/35 Military - what era? You'll find someone on here with similar interests, and you can pick up all sorts of useful information and tips - and vice versa!. Just dive in & ask questions - if one person doesn't know the answer, then someone else will - or know where to find it!
Dave

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Greetings Mick .
You'll find quite few " matured " as Dave says on here . Including me !
Any questions just ask, remember no question is laughed at and people are more than willing to help .

Airborne01

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Welcome mate - quite a few of us (dare I say it?) 'more mature' specimens here! Ex military - which regiment?
Steve

Wobbly Woofer

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
Welcome mate - quite a few of us (dare I say it?) 'more mature' specimens here! Ex military - which regiment?
Steve
Hi Steve, thanks for the welcome,Worcester and Sherwood Foresters,hence the"Woofer"bit of my username AND most certainly a bit "Wobbly" LOL. Were you Para? I did my NCO Cadre under 2Para.... A more refined and cultured group of men you couldnt find .....LOL. -Mick, Take Care

Airborne01

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Hi Steve, thanks for the welcome,Worcester and Sherwood Foresters,hence the"Woofer"bit of my username AND most certainly a bit "Wobbly" LOL. Were you Para? I did my NCO Cadre under 2Para.... A more refined and cultured group of men you couldnt find .....LOL. -Mick, Take Care
I suspected you were a sherbet forester - call it intuition! Para for a while; mixing with refined, cultured people made me realise there was a different world outside the cement factory so re-badged a couple of times and eventually finished up in Int - 24 mis-spent years but a life-time ago now!
Steve

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Welcome Sir Wobbly......the Sheriff (of Nottingham) is looking for you and Matron has a needle all picked out for you so welcome to the "Nut House"......oh , before I forget, MOST of us are over 70 so make yourself to home and post up some of those Dioramas you have already completed.......We'd love to see them! :thumb2: Rick H.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Well wobbly, if you are a Sherwood forester you have a lot to live up to….not only did they produce and publish the Wipers Times, they ran a pub while they were in the front line during WW1 :thumb2:

JayCee

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
As some of the guys have said. Welcome to the Nuthouse !! Great place to be.
John.

langy71

SMF Supporter
First Name
Chris
Welcome to the madhouse Mick,
you couldn't meet a more lovely bunch of guys in here,

just watch out for Matron, she's known to single out new members for her obligatory 'strip search',... she's always looking for contraband you see... oh and don't give anything flammable to our resident pyromaniac 'Comrade john Race', he'll have the place on fire quicker than you can say Russian Green..lol