HMS Campbeltown,F86.1/700

D

Deleted member 4539

Hi Friends.

Finished this.

Orange Hobby 1/700.

Painted with acrylics.

This was a great kit to work with and I thoroughly enjoyed building it.

All the best.

Ralph.

DSCF2244.JPG

DSCF2247.JPG

DSCF2250.JPG

DSCF2252.JPG

DSCF2257.JPG

D

dubster72

Great stuff Ralph, the detail is excellent & the base sets it off perfectly - water is something I've never managed to do!

Might I suggest adding something in a photo to give a sense of scale? It would add to the appreciation to know how the ship measures up.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
That, my friend is one excellent result.

Really top work, and it's been a pleasure to watch it come together.

She's creaming along superbly too......

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Ralph you've put some great work into this one, and the cat sat on it half way through but it's still a fantastic build . I've really enjoyed watching the build, once again great work.

D

Deleted member 4539

\ said:
Great stuff Ralph, the detail is excellent & the base sets it off perfectly - water is something I've never managed to do!
Might I suggest adding something in a photo to give a sense of scale? It would add to the appreciation to know how the ship measures up.
Thanks for the very kind words Patrick.

The ship is 8 inches long and 2 inches high.

D

Deleted member 4539

\ said:
That looks outstanding, particularly considering the scale! Most impressive :smiling3:
Thanks John for the kind comments.

D

Deleted member 4539

\ said:
That, my friend is one excellent result.
Really top work, and it's been a pleasure to watch it come together.

She's creaming along superbly too......
Thank you for the nice comments Ron.

D

Deleted member 4539

\ said:
Ralph you've put some great work into this one, and the cat sat on it half way through but it's still a fantastic build . I've really enjoyed watching the build, once again great work.
Thanks Ian for the kind words.Glad you enjoyed it.

Robert1968

SMF Supporter
First Name
Robert
That's just awesome , really is. I've never been a shipbuilder but that really is stupendous work and the base really gives it a sense of movement ( love the water and white water over the bow.

I'm very impressed...... So much detail

Regards

Robert

D

Deleted member 4539

\ said:
That's just awesome , really is. I've never been a shipbuilder but that really is stupendous work and the base really gives it a sense of movement ( love the water and white water over the bow.
I'm very impressed...... So much detail

Regards

Robert
Thank you for the wonderful words Robert.You bring a smile to my face:smiling3:

F

Fenlander

Really well done Ralph, I know from experience what it is like working on a resin ship of this size, mine ended up in the bin though. Not only an exceptional build but very inspirational too. Must go look in the shed to see if any of the old Revell kits are worth playing with to get a feel for it again.

D

Deleted member 4539

\ said:
Really well done Ralph, I know from experience what it is like working on a resin ship of this size, mine ended up in the bin though. Not only an exceptional build but very inspirational too. Must go look in the shed to see if any of the old Revell kits are worth playing with to get a feel for it again.
Thanks for the nice words Graham.I'm glad you find it inspirational. :smiling3: